Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I've never quite understood the fascination of the DNA testing. Based on family names my ancestors most likely came from Scotland, Ireland & the northern Germanic parts of Europe. Getting a DNA test to prove that (or show its wrong & they all came from somewhere else) means what exactly? I'm in no way a part of those cultures as implied in the commercials showing people wearing past costumes from those parts of the world. No idea when my 1st ancestors came to America. The culture I'm a part of is country boy from the Carolinas in America.

Nobody in my family knew much beyond my grandparents & they never talked about it. When it comes to hard times & shady stuff, I don't have to go back past my parents. My mother grew up without electricity until she was in the 1th grade. My father's mother died when he was & his dad was a mean as hell alcoholic. He quit school in the 8th grade & went to work for some local criminal gang to feed his sister & 2 brothers. Joined the Marines in WWII & his buddies after the war all told me he was the only man they knew who gained weight in Basic Training. He said it was the 1st time in his life he got to eat every day. I don't see any need to look further back.

That's an interesting read. Lots of insight and perspective. Gives a lot of pause for self-reflection. Hard to think of the reality your relatives endured...

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
In your case, if you feel comfortable, I say go for it. My only beef I have with the whole thing is not being able to tell my son much about his roots.
Cycle I want to break. I know my parents and my grandparents. My grandparents on my dad side passed before I could remember who they were. I really just want to be able to tell my kids when they’re curious just like I am about their roots. My mom knows very little and my dad does as well because of the rocky history. I’m not trying to captain save someone but it’s purely about me wanting to know and be able to answer those questions my kids have (if I ever have kids)

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
First person to EVER go to college on both sides of my family. Although I look at it as a little accomplishment my mother reminds me daily that I am the first to do it. Getting a degree cool and all but I refuse to let me children look at me how I look at my father. Rant is over. I’m just inspired man 22 years old doing things I couldn’t even dream of 12 years ago. It’s a blessing fellas I think these meds are messing with my head making me think all deeply sorry.

Rant over

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
My mom wrote down our family history going down 150 or so years.
My granfather stormed the Czar's Winter Palace. Then ended up in Stalin's death camps. He spent WW2 trying to survive in Kolyma. Escaped, was caught. Had his sentence doubled.
Part of the family goes back to Catherine the Great times and German immigrants.
Long story. When we meet, I might tell more.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
First person to EVER go to college on both sides of my family. Although I look at it as a little accomplishment my mother reminds me daily that I am the first to do it. Getting a degree cool and all but I refuse to let me children look at me how I look at my father. Rant is over. I’m just inspired man 22 years old doing things I couldn’t even dream of 12 years ago. It’s a blessing fellas I think these meds are messing with my head making me think all deeply sorry.

Rant over

No apologies! We ALL have rants, trials, backstories, ups, downs, good times, hard times, fucked up family members...it's what makes us who we are!

I like to think there is some common ground we all share, good or bad, that brought us all here--we all get each other and have each other's backs.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code

Rant over
No need to apologise. Be a good man & that's all that counts. I'm the 1st in my family to get a degree as well. My mom graduated valedictorian from her high school but they were so poor she couldn't even go to the local vo-tech community college. My dad was one of the 2 best men I have known in my 60+ years on the planet. His dad & one of his brothers were violent alcoholics. As @Old Skool said, my dad is my roots, not them. Hell, when I graduated valedictorian from high school, the principal kept trying to find a way to deny it because I was a long-haired biker from the "wrong" family. They cancelled the valedictorian speech that year & only that year. Fuck em. They don't define me.

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
No apologies! We ALL have rants, trials, backstories, ups, downs, good times, hard times, fucked up family members...it's what makes us who we are!

I like to think there is some common ground we all share, good or bad, that brought us all here--we all get each other and have each other's backs.
I say we all meet up get drunk and share these stories. No seriously......I spend more time here talking to y’all than I do my friends that live right up the road. I know I have a hard time relating to people my age I think that’s why I’m single haha

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
No need to apologise. Be a good man & that's all that counts. I'm the 1st in my family to get a degree as well. My mom graduated valedictorian from her high school but they were so poor she couldn't even go to the local vo-tech community college. My dad was one of the 2 best men I have known in my 60+ years on the planet. His dad & one of his brothers were violent alcoholics. As @Old Skool said, my dad is my roots, not them. Hell, when I graduated valedictorian from high school, the principal kept trying to find a way to deny it because I was a long-haired biker from the "wrong" family. They cancelled the valedictorian speech that year & only that year. Fuck em. They don't define me.
No lie Grunk, 8th grade year teacher Mrs. Murray told me I would be dead or in jail by 18. That inspired me!

RSweat91

Hunter
Dec 4, 2019
Blackshear, GA
Zip code
Well fellas, I did it. I finally scored an AK. And it's somewhat paid off considering I spent $80 for a rifle I didnt even have yet. NOTE: Buy parts for said rifle AFTER you have it. Lol.

A neighbor of my grandparents had a Century WASR-10 that's been sitting in his safe for almost a decade. I've spent the last few hours cleaning the surface rust off. It wasn't much but still needs some TLC here and there. Showed him my Century c308 and he decided the WASR, cleaning kit (bayonet included), 3-30 rounders, 1-10 rounders, a 75 Round Drum, 500 rounds (I counted them up lol) of FMJ and $100.00 cash should even up the trade. I swapped out the furniture and muzzle brake with the studf I already bought. I know it's a Romanian but kinda going for the Chinese look with the furniture. Also, just ordered a East German wire stock, will be here this week. Before and after pics below. How do y'all think I did trade wise? 1575865115818_IMG_20191208_211445.jpg IMG_20191208_230444.jpg IMG_20191208_230502.jpg IMG_20191208_230521.jpg