Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
I need an Opticoelectron mag. Why, cause it sound cool as F when someone asks me where is that from.

Arsenal Bulgaria had 7 enterprizes under its control, specializing in all sorts of things. Circle 10 was the main one, later it was privatized, Arsenal 21 was its Research Intsitute, NIIT Kalazalank, it is still Government owned, IIRC, and Circle 25 was privatized. Then separate companies split from Circle 25 and Circle 10. Very confusing.

vmz.bg/
www.terem.bg

Last edited:

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
And some of you had said I was obssessed with my mags! It helps to be organized! Look what I found in my first Bulgy/mixed bin
View attachment 65097

I had 5 of Gen 3 mags. 4 were marked ((E)) and 1 was ((25)). Pics in the next post. Btw, E and 25 are the same factory, Opto-Elektron, IIRC (@slapshut check me, please). For a short time they were named after Friederich Engels, a pal of Karl Marx, that's when ((E)) was used. I believe they became ISD.
Anyhow, I do have a SECOND generation Bulgarian mag with an ((E)).

View attachment 65103 View attachment 65104
SWEET
Ok this confirms - the ((E)) stamp on the magazine I found is exactly like what you have. Put that one to bed. Thanks!

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
I'm frustrated today fellas. I know some of you understand this too well but I still want to question why bad things happen to good people. I'll take some prayers for those of you who believe...not for me but for my friends. A good friend/coworker lost his wife yesterday to lung cancer. I haven't worked near his area for a long while so I only see him occasionally, so one of my other friends/coworkers who told me about it, his wife is terminal cancer also. So I know it wasn't easy for him to tell me. I can see it in his eyes even though he was holding it together.

I don't understand it. I'd like to think my God wouldn't allow this to happen but I also know I'm wrong to question it.

1580143324023.png

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Little super glue and you're GTG!
Anything like this happened with Tapco mags?
No. But I have not used Tapcos in a while. They do not fit into Galil plastic shroud. I think WBP polymer is strong, but brittle. All plastic lugs on AK mags are a BAD idea. Front lug takes a lot of abuse when it is rocked into place.
I also stored that WBP mag loaded for 3 or 4 months. But I store Mapulls MOE loaded and they are fine.

jimipanic

Marksman
Kalash Klub
Jul 19, 2015
OTP
Zip code
Thanks man. It's a helpless feeling. I'm sure he knows I'd give the shirt off my back but really what can you say or do that would truly help? Nothing, all you can do is hope time goes by faster for them somehow. It's selfish of me to feel this way but I dread the next time I see him bc I have no idea what to even say, ya know?

That’s where “I know there’s nothing I can say that’ll help but hey, I’m here for ya brother “

Prayers sent

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Thanks man. It's a helpless feeling. I'm sure he knows I'd give the shirt off my back but really what can you say or do that would truly help? Nothing, all you can do is hope time goes by faster for them somehow. It's selfish of me to feel this way but I dread the next time I see him bc I have no idea what to even say, ya know?
Do not say anything. Just listen. Occasional Hmm, Okay is all that's needed. People in his position need to talk, but do not want to bother others. I did a lot of talking in a shower.
Check for Griefshare groups in your area's churches for him and the other friend. It helps. Most hospitals have Hospice and free group therapy. It helps too. Soaring Spirits is another great organization. I was active in Atlanta chapter for a while.
Nothing cures the loss. I am home with 2 sick kids. Went to get apple sauce for them this morning. Found jams and spaggeti sauce Shelly made in 2014 and 2015 (I thought we had eaten them all) and started crying, and it has been 3.5 years for me. It sucks and we just have to trust God that He knows what he is doing.
Eventually, you learn to live with a loss, and grief bursts become shorter and do not dominate your life. If you choose to work thru the grief. Some people do not.

Feel free to pass your coworkers my cell #.
PS do not say that you know how it feels because you lost your dog or a cat. It is not the same. Trust me. And it hurts to have your wife equated with a dog. Some teeth were almost at that one.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
No. But I have not used Tapcos in a while. They do not fit into Galil plastic shroud. I think WBP polymer is strong, but brittle. All plastic lugs on AK mags are a BAD idea. Front lug takes a lot of abuse when it is rocked into place.
I also stored that WBP mag loaded for 3 or 4 months. But I store Mapulls MOE loaded and they are fine.
I had one loaded for a couple months too, but it pretty much just sat, got rocked in, and got rocked out. Haven't really used any AK mags very hard that lately since usage is spread out so much across different magazines. Even my $4 Polish dildo magazine seems to run okay (because it's been used exactly once over the last year and a half).
I tend to agree that plastic lugs are a bad idea. Not sure why a company doesn't go the Lancer route and use a modular steel lug/feed lip design and attach a polymer body to it. Probably a cost related issue if I had to guess.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
@mark23 i ain’t broken any of mine yet but looks like @Jeddak has been using his more then me lately
I was looking for mags to take to the range, and could not find my range mags. Forgot that they were loaded in my Hungarian pouch for backyard fun. Grabbed WBP, Korean 20 and the worst looking bakelite I had. Ended up usiing Koren and WBP almost exclusevly.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I was looking for mags to take to the range, and could not find my range mags. Forgot that they were loaded in my Hungarian pouch for bakyard fun. Grabbed WBP, Korean 20 and the worst looking bakelite I had. Ended up usiing Koren and WBP almost exclusevly.
Hell burn em up, they were less than 15.00 torch through em