• Total voters

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
It pains me to admit the AR is probably the best fighting rifle made.
For people who have used it for an extended period of time and invested in training with it, whether for work or just self-improvement, would be dumb not to use it when they needed to defend themselves.

Muscle memory and familiarity and experience will win that fight quicker, for me at least

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
For people who have used it for an extended period of time and invested in training with it, whether for work or just self-improvement, would be dumb not to use it when they needed to defend themselves.

Muscle memory and familiarity and experience will win that fight quicker, for me at least
I shot it every 2 years in the AF...so basically a master class operator.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
Ok so I know I don’t go into a lot of depth and I’m missing some countries. Please feel free to add any info. Took forever to type on mobile lol

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I mean there’s a reason our JSOC guys still carry M4 profile weapons. They’re absolutely still a viable choice. Most SF opted for M4 over SCAR while I was there at least. 14.5” for them ’down south too.
I think a large part of that is because of muscle memory as you alluded to earlier. The SCAR is an incremental improvement over good M4s so why put in the effort on a new platform

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I think a large part of that is because of muscle memory as you alluded to earlier. The SCAR is an incremental improvement over good M4s so why put in the effort on a new platform
They HATED the reciprocating charging handle and at the time there wasn’t an approved fix really. Don’t get me wrong, several of them there used them. Especially the heavy, but there were quite a few who opted for, and still do, the AR15 DI system

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
They HATED the reciprocating charging handle and at the time there wasn’t an approved fix really. Don’t get me wrong, several of them there used them. Especially the heavy, but there were quite a few who opted for, and still do, the AR15 DI system
It works...I get it.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
I LIKE the FAL better, but as far as a fighting rifle distilled down to the basics, the AR is almost the ultimate product improved fighting rifle, cost factored in. No cost, SCAR.

But the FAL isnt terribly far behind...

I completely disagree. I believe the AKM is far superior to the AR in terms of reliability, ease of operation, durability, and terminal ballistics.

This isn't WWI anymore. We are not shooting across hundreds of yard of open territory. With the majority of engagements being MOUT, the AR's inherent accuracy is negated at the limited range.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Almost got into a fight with a guy who called me a piece of shit faggot veteran, because I had a Georgia license plate on the front of my truck... not once, but about 50 times... I was ready to cut him to pieces... so much so that the entire parking lot was watching. I simply told him to go fuck himself, and the ugly bitch in his car.

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
If I wasnt such a size queen I'd get a used SR15 in the 1600ish range , $2k worth of ammo, and a Razor HD Gen 2 E and be done. I'm kinda tired of the flurry of guns.

not just cause of price, but knights probably does make the best Duty use AR platform, the engineering is simply stunning. the problem with getting rid of them is in a year you will wish you still had 1/3 of what you purge....... trust me