• Total voters

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I completely disagree. I believe the AKM is far superior to the AR in terms of reliability, ease of operation, durability, and terminal ballistics.

This isn't WWI anymore. We are not shooting across hundreds of yard of open territory. With the majority of engagements being MOUT, the AR's inherent accuracy is negated at the limited range.
Well I'm not in a third world hell hole...the Aar is plenty reliable. I never quite understood how the whole ease of operation argument came into play. If there is a person that can figure out how to use an AK but cant figure out an AR I'd wager they're being used as a bullet shield.

A 300 BO AR kinda negates the terminal effectiveness argument...

If the AK had better sights...

I like AKs, alot. But I also tend to like the non conformist type of guns, so there's that

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
If I wasnt such a size queen I'd get a used SR15 in the 1600ish range , $2k worth of ammo, and a Razor HD Gen 2 E and be done. I'm kinda tired of the flurry of guns.

on the other hand though, I have less than a dozen firearms. I actually shoot and try to take as many classes as I can afford. to me Guns aren't really a hobby, Im very basic with kit and use stuff that works for me and my experience level. its more of a utilitarian lifestyle with firearms.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
not just cause of price, but knights probably does make the best Duty use AR platform, the engineering is simply stunning. the problem with getting rid of them is in a year you will wish you still had 1/3 of what you purge....... trust me
I know.

I couldnt get rid of my para FAL. I love it. I'm wavering on my No 5. It's such a fine example of the breed, but also meh. For some reason I find I like my Ishapore 2A1 alot more.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
*rich kissy face
Not rich...I always try to get a deal...but I'll spend what it takes to get the most functional version. If that means a $1600 AR as my primary rifle, so be it. If it was $800 that's what I'd get. I'm willing to pay, up to a point. SCAR is perfect example, marginal gain for 40% more cost

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Well I'm not in a third world hell hole...the Aar is plenty reliable. I never quite understood how the whole ease of operation argument came into play. If there is a person that can figure out how to use an AK but cant figure out an AR I'd wager they're being used as a bullet shield.

A 300 BO AR kinda negates the terminal effectiveness argument...

If the AK had better sights...

I like AKs, alot. But I also tend to like the non conformist type of guns, so there's that

I don't understand your aversion to AK sights. I know the sight radius is longer on the AR which naturally lends itself to accuracy, but as I said, that isn't as much of an issue in today's combat style.

If you are referring to putting the hotdog in the doughnut, then there is a solution for that with the AK as well.

I just so happen to have one handy I can take a pic of for you.

20200218_214739_HDR.jpg 20200218_214754_HDR.jpg 20200218_214821_HDR.jpg

I guess if you are punching holes on paper or ringing steel, the AR is indeed superior, but for actual combat I prefer the AK platform.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Almost got into a fight with a guy who called me a piece of shit faggot veteran, because I had a Georgia license plate on the front of my truck... not once, but about 50 times... I was ready to cut him to pieces... so much so that the entire parking lot was watching. I simply told him to go fuck himself, and the ugly bitch in his car.
For your mil plates?

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I don't understand your aversion to AK sights. I know the sight radius is longer on the AR which naturally lends itself to accuracy, but as I said, that isn't as much of an issue in today's combat style.

If you are referring to putting the hotdog in the doughnut, then there is a solution for that with the AK as well.

I just so happen to have one handy I can take a pic of for you.

View attachment 68576 View attachment 68577 View attachment 68578

I guess if you are punching holes on paper or ringing steel, the AR is indeed superior, but for actual combat I prefer the AK platform.
Peep sights that far from the eye dont work

It doesnt bother me if you prefer the AK. If the ottomans invaded tomorrow I'd grab my FAL. I would rather shoot through walls than try and do tactical shit.

But the AR is better