• Total voters

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
There's a fairly large church south of here that the neighborhood next to it is all church members. As I understand it, that while neighborhood is tax exempt as it's considered to be church property.
If the church isn't generating income from those properties, then it's exempt. It's not a blanket exemption.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
I was kind of being serious. There's a cult trying to move into Flowery Branch. Concerns over shady activity in addition to them paying no taxes for a huge development that would seriously impact the area.
To me, this is the problem with tax-exempt status for any church. It gives government the power to decide what is & isn't a "real" religion & then financially reward or punish citizens based on their beliefs.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
If the church isn't generating income from those properties, then it's exempt. It's not a blanket exemption.

I'm sure they're not generating income. I'm sure the people who live there bought the houses so no income for the church unless by income you mean if the church sold them the properties? I don't think they're renting from the church.