• Total voters

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Anyone know the best way to get the moldy smell off of surplus canvas gear? I got the coolest bag from Sportsman's guide yesterday - a paratrooper rucksack. Smells really musty. (I know, surplus gear smells like that. but this is extreme!)

I've got it hanging open in the garage now, wondering about charcoal or baking soda treatments.

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
Anyone know the best way to get the moldy smell off of surplus canvas gear? I got the coolest bag from Sportsman's guide yesterday - a paratrooper rucksack. Smells really musty. (I know, surplus gear smells like that. but this is extreme!)

I've got it hanging open in the garage now, wondering about charcoal or baking soda treatments.
Washer?

Edit: just putting them in garage won’t kill that smell. I had some 20rd pouches that I literally gave away because they smelled so bad. They sat in garage for over a year, didn’t get better

2Glocks

Off base and off line
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Your Mother’s House
Zip code

when we had carpet we would use baking soda all the time to help fight odor. Spread it out on the carpet. Let us sit for ~30 minutes and vacuum up.

I would dust the whole bag with baking soda and just let it sit then shake it out. Since it’s not flat like a carpet I would do repeated rounds until it smells the way you want it

2Glocks

Off base and off line
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Your Mother’s House
Zip code
when we had carpet we would use baking soda all the time to help fight odor. Spread it out on the carpet. Let us sit for ~30 minutes and vacuum up.

I would dust the whole bag with baking soda and just let it sit then shake it out. Since it’s not flat like a carpet I would do repeated rounds until it smells the way you want it

Also, they sell baking soda in bulk in the pool section at box stores for way cheaper than the “cooking” sized boxes

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA

Baking soda. I also washed surplus pouches with laundry detergent and baking soda.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code

I had some WW1 boots that were actually big enough to fit me, but as soon as I tried moisturizer on the leather it started to stink like the ashtray in Winston Churchill’s ass.

Tried baking soda, coffee grounds, and a few other things including airing them out. Nothing worked.
Then I tried some stuff that veterinarians use to remove cat piss smells.
That worked pretty well.

Figured I’d literally try out the phrase “Walk a mile in a man’s shoes, and you’ll know his worth”.

They were quite uncomfortable, and had no arch support, so I sold them on eBay for over $100.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I am genuinely sickened that this race is this close, even accounting for the fraud.
I had a buddy say that even biden wins things won't be so bad, after all it wasnt under Obama. Well, if you ignore the drone killings and entanglements in more useless foreign wars and spying on journalists and presidential candidates, yeah he wasn't a world ending president. He was, however, the stepping stone that shifted the country so far over to allow someone like a kamala to come in and start doing the real damage. Prior to Obama, a kamala wouldnt have a chance. Now, half the retards have voted for her.

Thing is, there's nowhere else to go.