• Total voters

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
If I had the brace before I SBR'd mine, I wouldn't have efiled. IF they outlaw braces, I'm out $120 if I want to stay legal so that's not a huge loss money-wise.

But I just might be an outlaw.

Hypothetically.
Yeah but for me I can’t lol as much as I want to. I shoot every month at a minimum and drag my rifles all around out in public. At one point I had a rifle with me everyday and was shooting on a public range 5 days a week for over a year. If it just stayed in the house sure, but if I can’t openly use it and enjoy it and carry it without having to worry about a trip to jail or a gunfight that day it’s pointless for me to own it.

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
Part of the problem is ATF refuses to do determination letters for parts or accessories. They will only evaluate complete firearms for NFA compliance. That's why the binary triggers I sell don't have a ATF letter.
I thought they would approve parts or accessories but when I came to actually applying them to a firearm there is this uncertain legality grey area. For example SB sends in one of their braces for approval on a 10.5 in pistoles AR. It’s approved. You buy the brace and put it on a 8” barreled upper. That is technically not approved

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Part of the problem is ATF refuses to do determination letters for parts or accessories. They will only evaluate complete firearms for NFA compliance. That's why the binary triggers I sell don't have a ATF letter.
Yep, Q didn’t send an entire honey badger to them to do a determination letter as I heard it. They just assumed since SB tactical made the proprietary brace for them under contract they’d be good. Then started selling them. ATF didn’t like that and slapped their PeePee. Then KB tried to get in touch and send them one but they didn’t wanna hear it then since he had already started selling them to the masses. So really this is a teach KB a lesson as opposed to pistol braces are bad

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Did anyone who panic bought bump stocks win?

The answer is no, spend the money SBRing anything you want short
This is the answer. The bump stock ban opened up this unconstitutional bureaucratic fiat law-making & only politicians can stop it. If this move stands against Q, LLC. It won't matter that you already have a brace. The ATF didn't grandfather in those who already owned bump stocks & they won't with those who already own braces.

If you want to try & keep braces legal, it's time to get politically active. I started a thread here:

Otherwise, SBRing is the answer, until the ATF goes after those.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Thanks for the feedback y’all maybe I am over thinking it. It is isolated to Q but I feel like this is ATF trying to push the envelope on a complete ban at some point. I mean they aren’t even giving Q any concrete responses on why they sent them the cease and desist letter
Probably Because KB ignored them until they gut punched him and now they don’t wanna hear his shit or their not gonna rush or bend over to move him in line faster

in the industry KB isn’t well liked and has burned every bridge he’s walked over

noclevername

Marksman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
usa
Appreciate it sir, I'm gonna go back through the posts and listen to all the sage wisdom provided by the KK gang .... (only using the methods that seemed most accurate) then if it doesn't work, I'll go camp out in the bushes in front of their houses, send them some really creepy txt msgs, etc
No problem I’m in Stockbridge

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
This is the answer. The bump stock ban opened up this unconstitutional bureaucratic fiat law-making & only politicians can stop it. If this move stands against Q, LLC. It won't matter that you already have a brace. The ATF didn't grandfather in those who already owned bump stocks & they won't with those who already own braces.

If you want to try & keep braces legal, it's time to get politically active. I started a thread here:

Otherwise, SBRing is the answer, until the ATF goes after those.
I would think it would be EXTREMELY hard to work up a way to take back any registered, tax paid, NFA item.