Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
That SUCKS! There are drugs that mitigate the effects of certain types of strokes if given promptly. Don't know if his stroke was a kind they could have helped or not. But, they should have seen the stroke on an MRI. I've still got my 1st MRI on a dvd & you can easily see the small point in my brain stem where the blood flow was interrupted. (Yes, I keep a picture of my brain in my nightstand so I can prove I have a brain.) I can't imagine they let somebody sleep for 2 days undiagnosed without doing an MRI, CT scan, EEG & a bunch of other stuff. Maybe there are strokes that don't show up on anything but it seems wrong that they kept him that long without something happening.

Shhh. Don't tell people how easy it is to read MRI's

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
Forgot you said you were an MRI guy, lol. So are there strokes that don't show up on scans?

Two types of strokes: ischemic and hemorrhagic. If it's hemorrhagic it means a blood vessel popped and you're pretty much SOL. Those are the ones that stroke out and die in minutes. Ischemic means blood flow (aka oxygen) didn't get to a part of the brain and it died off. These are the most common. If caught within a few hours, they can give a clot busting drug to try and resolve the clogged up artery.

CT scans can detect them somewhat efficiently, but usually best if they are large or over 24 hours old. MRI can detect them extremely easily (black and white compared to all grey of CT). Many times a CT comes back negative and the MRI will be positive. Not everyone can get an MRI and it takes time, so a CT is done almost immediately so that treatment can be started if a stroke is seen.

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
I wish I could understand him....this is what sucks is I don’t know what he’s asking for or trying to tell me but he’s doing better than he was this morning. And he keeps doing exercises a strong mind is a terrible thing to waste. Coming to see him made me feel a lot better.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
I wish I could understand him....this is what sucks is I don’t know what he’s asking for or trying to tell me but he’s doing better than he was this morning. And he keeps doing exercises a strong mind is a terrible thing to waste. Coming to see him made me feel a lot better.
Lots of good news in your posts! And his attitude is in the right place. Tell him to keep working & we'll keep praying!