Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Jhunter

Marksman
Oct 14, 2019
Dallas
Zip code
I got 2 outta 3
@triplestack3 and @jimipanic got that rest!
I've been heavily looking at mounting up my Osprey .45 to an MP5. I've probably got another 6 months atleast before I'm granted permission to own the can... Almost tempted to by a dedicated 9mm can to leave on the MP5. I've looked and looked at sub guns, and I keep falling to it.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I've been heavily looking at mounting up my Osprey .45 to an MP5. I've probably got another 6 months atleast before I'm granted permission to own the can... Almost tempted to by a dedicated 9mm can to leave on the MP5. I've looked and looked at sub guns, and I keep falling to it.
When I first bought for the Mac i bought Octane45HD (full auto rated) and also ran on the G37. It was not long before I went with Gemtech Multimount 9 on M11/9 for a dedicated can and never looked back.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I love the MP5 I cannot lie. I love delayed roller lock. There are great sub-guns out in today’s market though.

The entire B&T line up is stellar, the CZ Scorpions are wondeful, AR-9s have even come a long way. if you decide to go MP5/k style stick with HK, POF, MKE, or Zenith.

I liked PTR until I saw a bunch of issues with several of their builds and a lot of warranty work take place. Even the Atlantic AA89/k I’ve seen have been good to go.

I have personal experience with 5 different POF (yes Pakistani Ordnance Factory) MP5s, 4 of the full-size and obviously my K model. The other 4 models are owned by co-workers of mine. They have all 5 been absolutely flawless. Suppressed, un-suppressed, plethora of magazines and magazine manufacturers, all different bullet weights. Some with tele stocks, some with braces, some with fixed stocks. Just absolute work horses. They are licensed by HK and built in military factories on licensed tooling for foreign armies and civilian export.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
It was more of a personal jab @Jds556762 :rofl:
Although I'm more of a Miller Light and Copenhagen guy myself.

In other news, got my package from you today! PSA: Gaige isn't a scammer :laugh: & Jsteg is good for his word too. I just need the rest of the club to start selling some stuff I need.
I only scam on armslist ;) kidding! Hope those items serve you well.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Together we have about 8,000 rounds down range out of our MP5s with a balling ass zero malfunctions. No lie. Just shoot shoot shoot shoot.
Bolt gap on each of them ranged between .014-.017 out of the box.
We typically all have been shooting fiocchi 115, S&B 115, magtech 124NATO, and some various reloads from a few of the dudes.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
What’s your secret for no hangovers? Not drinking 14 of them?

Honestly. If I drink a shit ton and get absolutely hammered, I usually won't get a hangover if I'm sobering up when I go to bed. If I drink up until I pass out and I'm still getting drunk when I pass out, I'll get a hangover. Also if I drink a LOT, everytime I wake up to pee, I drink a bunch of water and take a couple aspirin.

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
@Peanut Butter , Sorry it's taken me so long to get a chance to reply to this. Don't give up hope. Your friend's stroke sounds more severe than mine. I woke up & felt the symptoms start & got to the ER so I didn't sleep for 2 days. My right side wasn't completely paralyzed but barely mobile. I could barely lift my right hand/arm waist high & even with a walker was literally dragging my right leg & couldn't stand up, get out of bed, sit down or lie down without help. My vision was doubled because my eyes wouldn't track together & my mouth drooped so bad my speech was barely understandable. They told me I'd never walk without a walker again & might even lose that ability. As you've seen, none of that was true.

One of the big keys is to start rehab immediately. Anything that can be done. Even if it's using one arm if he can't get up. I had a nurse in the ICU that was insistent, thank God. Had me dragging my leg with that walker around the ICU less than 2 hrs after I arrived. Wouldn't let up no matter how much I screamed & cried. At the rehab center< I saw an immense difference between those that pushed hard immediately & those who "waited until they recovered a little more" before starting. It seems the stroke causes the brain & body to not communicate well anymore & the longer you wait to reestablish that "connection" the less comes back. They hooked my right leg to an electric shock machine to make the muscles spasm & there was a tone with every shock & I would try to make the leg move in a specific direction each time. I'd be there with tears rolling down my face but it worked. No one, not doctors or rehab staff, could believe how much I recovered.

Not bragging, just want you, your friend & your families to not give up hope. His situation sounds worse than mine, but it can improve. If you or your friend (or his family) wants to talk about more of this, just reach out. You've got my number.
Thanks man I’m headed to see him what pisses me off is Rockdale Piedmont kept him for 2 days without him waking up then finally transferred him to piedmont because they can’t diagnose a stoke. Got me wondering if some of this was reversible if they didn’t let hill lay there for 2 days. About 10 years ago he was staying with our family and I went to go to school and he was breathing very hard. I called 911 and the doctor told me if he laid there he would’ve died. He had to have a triple bypass that time.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Thanks man I’m headed to see him what pisses me off is Rockdale Piedmont kept him for 2 days without him waking up then finally transferred him to piedmont because they can’t diagnose a stoke. Got me wondering if some of this was reversible if they didn’t let hill lay there for 2 days. About 10 years ago he was staying with our family and I went to go to school and he was breathing very hard. I called 911 and the doctor told me if he laid there he would’ve died. He had to have a triple bypass that time.
That SUCKS! There are drugs that mitigate the effects of certain types of strokes if given promptly. Don't know if his stroke was a kind they could have helped or not. But, they should have seen the stroke on an MRI. I've still got my 1st MRI on a dvd & you can easily see the small point in my brain stem where the blood flow was interrupted. (Yes, I keep a picture of my brain in my nightstand so I can prove I have a brain.) I can't imagine they let somebody sleep for 2 days undiagnosed without doing an MRI, CT scan, EEG & a bunch of other stuff. Maybe there are strokes that don't show up on anything but it seems wrong that they kept him that long without something happening.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

Man that's awful. Sometimes I really think it's luck of the draw if you get good staff or not.

I was admitted one time for a horrible reaction to a prescription med...I couldn't speak, I had no energy...I remember the nurse leaning over me to tell my wife "This is why I'm not married, your husband is a trainwreck."

I would have slapped the teeth out of her mouth if I had the energy.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Well teach me dammit!

@Grunk that sounds rough man. I sure hate to hear what you went through.
Thanks man. It wasn't fun. But it was that or give up not only on myself but my wife, whose conditions I knew were going to get worse as time went by (& they have, unfortunately).