Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
People are going to continue to riot in the street as long as cops are killing people and getting away with it. I understand you're a police officer. The way to fix this is when you guys see somebody at your department doing something unconstitutional, you throw them to the justice department wolves. I'm more of a fan of Corporal and capital punishment for these crimes but you guys have too much protection. Qualified immunity is bullshit. Daniel Shavers, Duncan lemp, breonna taylors, Eric garner, every single one of them was murdered and their killers are all free running around with the same rights me and you have and no felony. You guys also have to stop enforcing unconstitutional laws. Putting people in cages for weed speeding tickets and firearms infractions is terrible and if you do that you are a terrible person. It is up to you to keep your oath to the Constitution. Stop breaking your oath and people will stop rioting in the streets

The issue here is, you're making a blanket statement. People/cops are different from individual to individual, and depts to depts are the same way. A lot of it has to do with leadership. Look at the leadership in places where the bad cop scenarios are happening.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
The issue here is, you're making a blanket statement. People/cops are different from individual to individual, and depts to depts are the same way. A lot of it has to do with leadership. Look at the leadership in places where the bad cop scenarios are happening.
They put me in a leadership role here, and we haven’t had riots. Just saying. :pound:

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Having been around during the leftist "uprising" that @CQB27 references, I largely agree with what he has to say. I've heard almost all of this crap before. There has supposedly been a permanent "democratic majority" driven by demographics of young & minority voters just around the corner my entire life. Protests just as big or bigger. Social media & 24 hrs cable TV make it seem louder today.

IMHO, the key is voting this fall. That's what worked for @CQB's "silent majority" the last time around. Anecdotally summed up by NY film critc Pauline Kael who, after McGovern was soundly defeated in 1972, said, "I don't understand how Nixon won. No one I know voted for him." Even 50 years ago, many people lived in echo chambers.

Now is not the time to vote for a 3rd party candidate because you "hate the 2 party system" or "both sides are corrupt" or whatever. That's all true. But this election cycle is about not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The only thing that changes a politician's stance is loss of power.

And for those who think it might be good to burn the system down, I hope you're ready to bury somebody you love. Because that's what happens in that kind of chaos. I've never been a party line voter in my life, but now is the time.

In short, vote for the side that wants to preserve America, a flawed country that has done more for individual liberty than any other in history. Any other vote will embolden those bent on destruction. And that will lead to civil war.

You may survive, but not everyone you care about will & the end result will be an horrific police state.

The old man will shut up now.
So, that assumes the 'system' works. I'll take flak, but if you think voting is legitimate and there isnt rampant fuckery, you're living in fantasy land

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Having been around during the leftist "uprising" that @CQB27 references, I largely agree with what he has to say. I've heard almost all of this crap before. There has supposedly been a permanent "democratic majority" driven by demographics of young & minority voters just around the corner my entire life. Protests just as big or bigger. Social media & 24 hrs cable TV make it seem louder today.

IMHO, the key is voting this fall. That's what worked for @CQB's "silent majority" the last time around. Anecdotally summed up by NY film critc Pauline Kael who, after McGovern was soundly defeated in 1972, said, "I don't understand how Nixon won. No one I know voted for him." Even 50 years ago, many people lived in echo chambers.

Now is not the time to vote for a 3rd party candidate because you "hate the 2 party system" or "both sides are corrupt" or whatever. That's all true. But this election cycle is about not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The only thing that changes a politician's stance is loss of power.

And for those who think it might be good to burn the system down, I hope you're ready to bury somebody you love. Because that's what happens in that kind of chaos. I've never been a party line voter in my life, but now is the time.

In short, vote for the side that wants to preserve America, a flawed country that has done more for individual liberty than any other in history. Any other vote will embolden those bent on destruction. And that will lead to civil war.

You may survive, but not everyone you care about will & the end result will be an horrific police state.

The old man will shut up now.

I hate it when ppl say they cast a 3rd party vote. I absolutely understand and actually agree with the sentiment. But a 3rd party will never win, and such a vote is a wasted one that could have been another one cast R. JMO.

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
Also just wanted to throw this out there. The thing that happened on ODT yesterday really bothered me, rather it was a cry for help or if he’s actually planning on committing suicide.

No matter how much I may bullshit if any of y’all ever need to talk or anything PLEASE give me a call. I will hop in my car and be on the way. I was telling a few of y’all I would hate for one of our regulars to post something like that. PB here for y’all although I BS a lot but I’m here for any of you.
What happened there? Did they ever get ahold of that guy?

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
What's the issue with loading the drum?

It's a top loader so there's 3 steps to load one round. Push the lever up, insert a round, drop the lever, and repeat that 75 times. It's easy to load, just really time consuming. I like it better than a rear loader though(giggity).

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
So, that assumes the 'system' works. I'll take flak, but if you think voting is legitimate and there isnt rampant fuckery, you're living in fantasy land
Of course there is fuckery. Always has been, always will be. Trump's election in 2016 showed that many people were fed up. That battle is still being waged. Right now, one side is going all in on burning down society. Losing votes is what will make Democratic politicians abandon support & protection of the protesters. It's what happened last time this crazy train rolled around.

If you want to skip that possible outcome by being cynical about voting, ok. But if Democrats win the White House or majorities in both houses, the Constitution is doomed. Might be anyway.

If you want to skip voting & go right to civil war, that's your choice.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Of course there is fuckery. Always has been, always will be. Trump's election in 2016 showed that many people were fed up. That battle is still being waged. Right now, one side is going all in on burning down society. Losing votes is what will make Democratic politicians abandon support & protection of the protesters. It's what happened last time this crazy train rolled around.

If you want to skip that possible outcome by being cynical about voting, ok. But if Democrats win the White House or majorities in both houses, the Constitution is doomed. Might be anyway.

If you want to skip voting & go right to civil war, that's your choice.
You're making an awful lot of assumptions and replying with emotion

Reactions: Jstegman1