• Wipe and sit

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Birdnest

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
The Aimpoints and ACOGs were absolute beasts. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an ACOG just shit out. I’m trying to think and can’t recall. Definitely abused the fuck out of them. The aimpoints were just as impressive. It wasn’t uncommon to see them with the entire film rubbed off the front lens from soldiers over cleaning or using their shirts to wipe the lens so much it removed the coating. They’re bright AF in the desert and were thoroughly abused. Loved both of those optics. Had the opportunity to use them in both 130 degree environment and -40 degree environment. Rain, snow, dust, tossed into track vehicles, thrown out over walls, dragged across the ground. I trust both of those optics more than any other optic on the planet.

That’s great info to have! Thanks!

And here I’d been thinking this ELCAN m145 was worth all the extra weight, in spite of the fact that I really don’t like the reticle that much...I mean, so far it’s been crystal clear and a really nice amount of short-range magnification, but I may very well move it along if it’s not going to be very tough. After all, that’s what the whole point was!

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
That’s great info to have! Thanks!

And here I’d been thinking this ELCAN m145 was worth all the extra weight, in spite of the fact that I really don’t like the reticle that much...I mean, so far it’s been crystal clear and a really nice amount of short-range magnification, but I may very well move it along if it’s not going to be very tough. After all, that’s what the whole point was!
YMMV there’s a huge fan base for them. I just had the worst experience across the board with that exact optic, and had it happen every damn time. Maybe the army wasn’t servicing them like they should? Purging the optic every so often or sending back for maintenance etc but there were such better options it was frustrating to keep reliving the “I can’t see shit out of this thing sergeant” conversation lol

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
I hate pretty much every Elcan except the Spectre which I really like. We had Elcan M145s and though a lot of civilians report good experience I can tell you in the military under that kind of abuse they suck balls. All my units I was in had 145 as it was the primary optic for the SAW or even the 240B. They were almost always fogged up, illumination was terrible or messed up battery contacts or just too bright or too dim. The worst was the clarity. I never met a 249 gunner who DIDNT ask me if they could just use their iron sights and ditch their 145. It’s like taking a hot ass shower without using your exhaust fan and then trying to look out the window.
I was reading about them the other day, most people online have said what you said, but they are suppose to be durable, especially when compared to the ACOG. Do you think the ACOG is durable as well? Like in a combat scenario.