Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
Oohhhhh black tip....but so expensive. @Shemp you're rich, buy it all

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
And I would like to add to this ^^^^^
I think DRT is DRT regardless of what Caliber did it.
In the 1980's I have seen people with K98's kill the shit out of people with more modern rifles so there is that.
Training is everything.
But I do agree 1911's are heavy but that is the platform I trained on with thousands of rounds down range.
I am just now getting comfortable with carrying a Glock 19 after 1k rounds shot, I do a lot of training before I carry a new pistol.

I can agree with everything except that very last part.
A bunch of years back, I used to do IDPA, and was very actively collecting 9mm aluminum-framed pistols. I would often would carry/shoot in the monthly competition whatever gun I'd most recently acquired.
While I was never a "Master" class shooter, I typically came in around the middle of the pack in my division. I got pretty good at relying on a certain set of motions that worked well with ANY pistol - 1911, Glock, Smith 39 and later derivatives, Browning HP, Daewoo, Bersa, Taurus, Beretta, Star, Llama, SIG, CZ, TZ99, Smith M&P, whatever.

I recently had an opportunity to try that same set of skills again in a timed event, and surprised myself with the speed and accuracy I still have.

One mind, ANY weapon.

At some point I do need to buy my first G19. Never owned one...

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
So glad I popped the extra cheddar and got the nice receiver with all the Zastava stamps and Yugo markings, got the heavy chrome lined barrel, this has to be the nicest and most reliable weapon I’ve ever owned.