• Total voters

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
When I brought up pulling certain topics out into other threads I was told I was being a "fucking ODT mod" and that this thread was the whole community and that other threads didn't exist. :pound:

It's all good. I'm not even the one that brought up a subforum. I know my place.
I brought it up and I know my place. Who gone check me?

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Naw not really, if people really wanna learn. They’ll have to dig or just ask a question in the middle of us talking about drinking, butt stuff, cars, etc. Just a thought, damn if we do, damn if we don’t.
My biggest thing is not killing the thread. Keep it going 100%. It would be the main attraction/sticky right at the top. Just passing technical knowledge to newbies easier. Grow the Kalash family.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I guess my whole thing is that people are trying to turn this thread into something that it's not and was never designed to be. That's just my opinion though as someone who has only been around a short while.

It's an evolution. Or a revolution. Depends on the day.

But I think you're spot on. Like @Jds556762 said, if we have the answers, we'll always make time to give them to you. If you get ignored or feel like it was ignored, usually it's because we don't have direct experience with whatever topic is at hand. Rare, but it does happen.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
When I brought up pulling certain topics out into other threads I was told I was being a "fucking ODT mod" and that this thread was the whole community and that other threads didn't exist. :pound:

It's all good. I'm not even the one that brought up a subforum. I know my place.

There are other threads?

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code

I don't see anything wrong with creating a new thread with a new topic, even if it's been discussed in here or in another thread before. It's not like we are only allowed to have one thread on the site about a certain topic.

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
See, I guess we see things differently. I never really thought of this as a thread for "starting from zero to learn about AK's." If that's the case, start a new thread and post a link here. I'm sure you'll have a ton of people post there to help.
Nobody said it was though. I’m sure everybody in here don’t know everything about a AK. I still ask questions myself

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
@Grunk

The very bottom line of advice is generally any AK that is foreign built is going to be your best best. It will have the ComBloc barrel and should be GTG. The SN will be on the trunnion and NOT on the receiver. The receiver will have Made In "XXX Country," and the importers info.

If the receiver has the SN on it, it's a US made reciever. Doesn't mean it's bad...you'd have to ask specifically about which ever one concerns you.

This is a general blanket statement...there are some exceptions. But this should get you started...

Last edited:

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Nobody said it was though. I’m sure everybody in here don’t know everything about a AK. I still ask questions myself

Did you not read the post that I quoted above that? @Grunk literally said "It's great for that, but not great for starting from zero to learn about AKs."

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
@Grunk

The very bottom line of advice is generally any AK that is foreign built is going to be your best best. It will have the ComBloc barrel and should be GTG. The SN will be on the trunnion and NOT on the receiver. The receiver will have Made By, and the importers info.

If the receiver has the SN on it, it's a US made reciever. Doesn't mean it's bad...you'd have to ask specifically about which ever one concerns you.

This is a general blanket statement...there are some exceptions. But this should get you started...

If it says Pioneer, I.O. Or Hesse.... RUNAWAY

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Biggest point. It’s a free world. If someone wants to start a thread why wouldn’t they just go start it?

I've seen 3 other threads get started and nothing new got posted after about the 2nd day. But I'm with ya, nobody needs approval from anybody else to start a new thread so just do it, link it here and see what happens.