• Wipe and sit

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Birdnest

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
*** AK QUESTION ALERT ***

Let's talk about AK recoil springs. How many rounds before you replace? What's the sign it needs replacing? What do you think about the "Extra Power" recoil springs?

And go.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
1) STOP CHEWING YOUR FINGERNAILS. It's gross. You can get worms that way.

2) You can just turn down the diameter of your grip screw head to fit. Here's how:

a) Take a bit of electrical tape and wrap it several times around the bottom of the threads.
b) get a cordless drill, and insert the screw with the taped end into the chuck where you'd normally put a drill bit
c) find a decent file, and spinning the drill, use the file to shave down the outside of the screw head. Test it as you go.
d) once you're done, that outside edge will be shiny bright, so use your gas stove (or some cold blue) and some oil to reblue the sides of the screw.

BOOM.
I don’t chew my nails. Gross. I rip them bitches off

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

Let's talk about AK recoil springs. How many rounds before you replace? What's the sign it needs replacing? What do you think about the "Extra Power" recoil springs?

And go.

I used to wonder that myself...then I just decided to buy a spare spring and if I ever started having malfs I'd change it

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

And go.

My brother runs an extra power in his Draco. Are shorter barrels harder on the recoil spring? I haven't shot any of my AKs enough to have to worry with the recoil spring so I have no valuable input. I would think that cycling issues would be the first sign of a worn out spring?