• Total voters

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I am not a cop but I have pulled ph#, addresses, etc just by knowing a few details and names. Did it a lot whem I was dating, to know who the person was.
Landlines are very easy to find, cell is harder, but doable.
If they had his name, old address, phone, they can find a new one.
Now days that we all got drivers license and carry permits and vehicle registration and fucking taxes it’s like a paper GPS trail

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Yeah, I've done the same. I guess mostly I'm questioning how hard an agency (particularly one like DeKalb not known for it's diligent work to reunite victims with their property) would actually work to find a gun owner.
Right im skeptical about their interest in the original owner if they have no Interest in returning said rifle

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
See you’re not wrong. My understanding is this.

manufacturer/importer sends rifle to distributor.
distributor sells rifle to retailer
Retailer sells to individual using a 4473. Whether back ground check was performed or Carry permit negated that, is irrelevant. When you fill out a NICS check it only asks what type the transferee is trying to purchase; long gun hand gun shotgun etc.
4473 is taken to retailers storage area and stored for up to 20 years in which case it may be discarded. If the retailer goes out of business all 4473s are handed over to the BATFE for their long term storage.

fire arm is recovered by police.

they call century arms arms and ask what distributor the rifle was sent to.
They call distributor and ask what retailer the rifle was sent to
They call retailer and BOOM the trail has ended because retailer is out of business.
They call BATFE. BATFE pulls records from
Closed shop finds 4473 finds @Mr. Goodbar s information circa 2006.
police use old information on dated 4473 then backwards search to locate his new number (however they do that I don’t know)
Police call new number and try to establish said rifle is @Mr. Goodbar s rifle.

why ? If they know it’s his, why not give it back to him? Because dekalb is some Spiteful, constitutional violating sons of bitches And want him to have a receipt before they give back the scary black assault rifle? Maybe.
SSN and other PII is on a 4473 which makes it easy to look someone up and see every phone number, address, vehicle, etc. that someone has ever owned. I handle stuff like this pretty regularly, so I assume local cops do as well. IDK about guns though, as that's not what I deal with

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Seriously no one has any advice for @Mr. Goodbar ?? I been trying to figure out how all they shit happened with him for 2 days. How did they know it was his, without a SN, but need him to confirm SN on a gun stolen from him back in 06, but they called him on his new number with his not-gun but maybe gun but needs the serial number they don’t have which they didn’t use to find him? I’m confused AF
I'm lost....what happened?

Mr. Goodbar

Savage Hooligan
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Only matters where I'm going
I'm not tripping on the finding of my number, I'm sure it's easy enough to do. But why all that just to see if it's mine, seems like they knew the answer already. I'm confused as hell, idk if i should be worried or happy I'll be getting a trap house ak. Seems very odd to me and for it to be way back to 2006 too. All doesn't add up to me. Or they just don't wanna give it back

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
2 questions about this. I don't know if the cops can easily get new phone # from old info. Does anybody know for sure (i.e., not from movies or tv, where all kind of magic shit happens when cops are involved)? The 2nd is that seems like a lot of work for an agency that I'm not sure is motivated to do it. Is it required? Or are they hoping to find somebody else to tie to the gun for investigation?
1. Yes
2. No clue, that's out of my realm

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
SSN and other PII is on a 4473 which makes it easy to look someone up and see every phone number, address, vehicle, etc. that someone has ever owned. I handle stuff like this pretty regularly, so I assume local cops do as well. IDK about guns though, as that's not what I deal with

PII, ugh, I'm off work...LALALALALALALALALALALA

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
why ? If they know it’s his, why not give it back to him? Because dekalb is some Spiteful, constitutional violating sons of bitches And want him to have a receipt before they give back the scary black assault rifle? Maybe.
This is the answer. Democratic Dekalb is notorious for wanting gun owners to “prove” they are the rightful owner of a recovered gun. Without some kind of documentation @Mr. Goodbar will likely never get his gun back from those goons.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
I'm not going to lie about this. Quitting beer has been very difficult for me. I stopped to get gas today and it took everything I had to NOT go in the store and get a 6 pack. I didn't do it but I absolutely have cravings that I didn't expect.

879 days since my last drink.... the cravings don't go away...they just get less persistent

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Oh yeah I wasn’t implying all the details weren’t available on the 4473 I meant more the NICS check that is submitted To the alphabet bois for sure doesn’t have that detail. Assuming the 4473 after the NICS is complete is stored away at local LGS for x time etc

If they pull a 4473 they got everything. If the ATF pulled it for dekalb I’m sure they shared all of that information as well and that would get them his 2006 credentials

Mr. Goodbar

Savage Hooligan
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Only matters where I'm going
This is the answer. Democratic Dekalb is notorious for wanting gun owners to “prove” they are the rightful owner of a recovered gun. Without some kind of documentation @Mr. Goodbar will likely never get his gun back from those goons.
I know this as well, have heard and read plenty of stories and people having to hire lawyers to get it back. But do they really have it and just giving me the run around, idk