Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
This is the answer. Democratic Dekalb is notorious for wanting gun owners to “prove” they are the rightful owner of a recovered gun. Without some kind of documentation @Mr. Goodbar will likely never get his gun back from those goons.
And this is why you cannot paint all police with the same paintbrush, I do not care who you are. CQB is a cop, but one of the best people ODT lost and SET gained.

Old Skool

Tracker
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Georgia
Been running around knocking out some errands.

What I think from Goodbar, is that the cops can't give it back to you without you proving its your property.

I could be way off, just been reading this.

DeKalb police department recovers a gun, they suspect stolen. They go through their database, and there are 40 reports filed for stolen wasr's. There are two reports that don't have serial numbers in them. Goodbar and Fuddomer.

I personlaly don't think they would run the serial number from manufacturer to distributor to shop. Too much work with too many people to find out information that doesn't matter to the investigation.

As far as getting a phone number for you, if you have a contract with a phone carrier, that's done.

Maybe I'm way wrong too. Just another perspective.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Oh yeah I wasn’t implying all the details weren’t available on the 4473 I meant more the NICS check that is submitted To the alphabet bois for sure doesn’t have that detail. Assuming the 4473 after the NICS is complete is stored away at local LGS for x time etc

If they pull a 4473 they got everything. If the ATF pulled it for dekalb I’m sure they shared all of that information as well and that would get them his 2006 credentials
IDK what's transmitted via NICS, but I'm certain it's enough to get everything else available on a 4473 except firearm information. If it's just to verify identity, that's something that can be done from a computer. No real point in calling.

J-P

Tracker
Aug 20, 2019
Georgia
So dekalb police called me the other day. I had a gun stolen in 2006, police report filed but i didn't write down the serial number so no serial on the police report. Left a message wanting to verify the serial number. Of course i don't have it and the gun store closed down since then. So i call back, lady ask if i by chance had the serial number, i said no i don't. She said ok, so i was like does that mean it's been found. She said idk and that was it.

So why go to the trouble of contacting me if they didn't know if it was mine or not. I've changed contact info since then as well too, not that they can't find me. I figured the serial was sent off for the atf to find the original 4473 which would come back to me. It's all kinda weird to me idk.

So my opinion is going to be in the opposite direction on this then most.
My thought is they have some admin type reviewing old cases that have missing info and are just following up with people. And it's pretty easy for them to get your current contact info so that's nothing out of the ordinary. I doubt they found the gun, they are just trying to tie up old loose ends on paperwork. If they did find it they would have said something.

That's my 2c.