Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
If I'm not mistaken that 5.7 Hemi has 16 spark plugs. My old Magnum with a 5.7 Hemi did anyways. Even cheap spark plugs at $8-$10 a piece adds up quick. A new camshaft position sensor should be around $30 IIRC. I had the same issue and got a misfire code on all cylinders and a random misfire code along with CPS code. It's a common thing with higher mileage 5.7 Hemi's from the early to mid 2000's.
I only recently started to have these issues. It’s 2007 with 209k miles. It’s basically my point A to point B truck now. If we have to take a long trip we just use the maxima

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
If I'm not mistaken that 5.7 Hemi has 16 spark plugs. My old Magnum with a 5.7 Hemi did anyways. Even cheap spark plugs at $8-$10 a piece adds up quick. A new camshaft position sensor should be around $30 IIRC. I had the same issue and got a misfire code on all cylinders and a random misfire code along with CPS code. It's a common thing with higher mileage 5.7 Hemi's from the early to mid 2000's.
My Challenger had 2 plugs a cylinder...luckily the std copper plugs were tested and shown to be the best option for power under 550-600 hp

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I only recently started to have these issues. It’s 2007 with 209k miles. It’s basically my point A to point B truck now. If we have to take a long trip we just use the maxima

$30 CPS should get you fixed up. You may need new plugs later but probably not necessary to get the CEL to go off right now. It's not a bad idea to get them replaced when you can, it's just probably not necessary right now to clear the CEL.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Thank you both for these posts. I can't understand how people like the Bernie campaign worker can keep the blinders on at this stage. It's not the "CIA" telling us what gulags are like. It's the survivors from, the USSR, China, Cambodia & many other places. It's the families of those who didn't survive. To believe that all of these accounts are some CIA controlled plot to deceive people about the "true wonderful nature of Communism" requires a level of lying to yourself that I could never achieve no matter how much drinking & drugging I was doing. I'm truly disgusted by these people, especially the ones that grew up in & have benefited from America their whole lives. Sorry, rant over.

They know the typical US citizen (or not) is too dumb or too lazy to research it themselves and will accept it at face value.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Well.......I can tell you from experience when my dept dropped the 5906/6906 in 2013 the driving factors were:
1. Cost of new guns should a whole gun need replacing.......$1000 a gun! At that time S&W no longer had a dedicated Gen 3 production facility. "New" Gen 3's were produced once a year at a factory that normally produced handcuffs, but was retooled for an annual pistol run.
2. S&W statement that new replacement parts would no longer be manufactured and what was in the pipeline was it.
3. We were seeing guns, the 6906 at a higher rate than the 5906, have parts failures that dead lined the gun beyond recoil/trigger spring replacement. Mostly failures of the sear release lever (disables the decocking function) and extractors worn to the point that the effected guns were experiencing failures to extract about 5%-10% time. The guns were an average of 7 years old.

The idea that most police pistols have little use is more internet myth that a reality. In every department there are a few guns, mostly at the administrative level that are essentially NIB after 5-7 years (these are the ones that get the internet bragging, lol). Then there are few that are very well worn (the G17 on my side right now is 7 years old has 29,545 rounds on it as of Dec 31). Most are somewhere in the middle, with 3000 to 5000 rounds on them. Within the next 3 months we will replace every pistol in the department. 5 to 7 years in the normal interval for all but the very small or very poor departments. It's by design, because at the 5000 round mark it's time to overhaul every pistol, new springs (recoil/magazine/extractor/trigger), firing pins/striker, extractors. The cost of doing that on a Glock is about 75% of the cost of a new pistols when the old guns are traded one for one. So away they go
So basically you're saying I should buy two