Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
So the lady at auto zone said my battery is good, it’s only at 55% charge though. She ran some codes and this is what came up. Something about a camshaft

View attachment 63779

More than likely your camshaft position sensor is causing the misfires. I'd start there and then try to troubleshoot further if that doesn't fix it.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Yeah, but that "flavor". Yum Yum.
Starts with strong notes of black pepper and spice, but transitions into strong leather and tobacco with the black pepper settling into the background approaching the second third. The final third finishes with notes of oak and earth with a well defined cream throughout the stick.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
Starts with strong notes of black pepper and spice, but transitions into strong leather and tobacco with the black pepper settling into the background approaching the second third. The final third finishes with notes of oak and earth with a well defined cream throughout the stick.

Surprisingly my palate is not that refined. I never quite pick up on the notes of fruit, etc. that are supposed to be in wine either.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
So it tastes the same as smoking shoe leather worn by a lactating oak lover, eating spicy Italian?

Last edited:

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
Chances are that despite being old guns, there aren't that many miles on them. More like carried everywhere, banged around, but not going bang bang.
Well.......I can tell you from experience when my dept dropped the 5906/6906 in 2013 the driving factors were:
1. Cost of new guns should a whole gun need replacing.......$1000 a gun! At that time S&W no longer had a dedicated Gen 3 production facility. "New" Gen 3's were produced once a year at a factory that normally produced handcuffs, but was retooled for an annual pistol run.
2. S&W statement that new replacement parts would no longer be manufactured and what was in the pipeline was it.
3. We were seeing guns, the 6906 at a higher rate than the 5906, have parts failures that dead lined the gun beyond recoil/trigger spring replacement. Mostly failures of the sear release lever (disables the decocking function) and extractors worn to the point that the effected guns were experiencing failures to extract about 5%-10% time. The guns were an average of 7 years old.

The idea that most police pistols have little use is more internet myth that a reality. In every department there are a few guns, mostly at the administrative level that are essentially NIB after 5-7 years (these are the ones that get the internet bragging, lol). Then there are few that are very well worn (the G17 on my side right now is 7 years old has 29,545 rounds on it as of Dec 31). Most are somewhere in the middle, with 3000 to 5000 rounds on them. Within the next 3 months we will replace every pistol in the department. 5 to 7 years in the normal interval for all but the very small or very poor departments. It's by design, because at the 5000 round mark it's time to overhaul every pistol, new springs (recoil/magazine/extractor/trigger), firing pins/striker, extractors. The cost of doing that on a Glock is about 75% of the cost of a new pistols when the old guns are traded one for one. So away they go

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
most likely correct. i just tend to replace all plugs, wires and packs anytime i get a missfire due to just how easy and cheap they are.

If I'm not mistaken that 5.7 Hemi has 16 spark plugs. My old Magnum with a 5.7 Hemi did anyways. Even cheap spark plugs at $8-$10 a piece adds up quick. A new camshaft position sensor should be around $30 IIRC. I had the same issue and got a misfire code on all cylinders and a random misfire code along with CPS code. It's a common thing with higher mileage 5.7 Hemi's from the early to mid 2000's.