Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

J-P

Tracker
Aug 20, 2019
Georgia
I've got $135 worth of cabelas gift cards and dont know what to spend it on. Everything there is so overpriced

It's a struggle with those gift cards. Last year I got like $600 for Bass Pro (service award from work) and everything I looked at I'm like "I can get that 20% cheaper elsewhere" so I'm just throwing away money. In the end I ordered a shotgun from them that wasn't too far off normal pricing.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
It's a struggle with those gift cards. Last year I got like $600 for Bass Pro (service award from work) and everything I looked at I'm like "I can get that 20% cheaper elsewhere" so I'm just throwing away money. In the end I ordered a shotgun from them that wasn't too far off normal pricing.

That's EXACTLY how I feel about it

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Probably right. I just checked Numrich for a common high mileage wear part on 59/6906.....the extractor.
NO parts for the 6906 available!
Only an after market 3 piece spring tune up kit for the 5906.

Back in the 5906/6906 days S&W didn't sell replacement parts to individuals, lots of those parts required some minor fitting. They sold parts to departments with certified armors and retailers with certified gunsmiths. That probably left a limited number of parts available in the public sphere when S&W abandoned the Gen 3 auto pistol. For me that makes a 5906/6906 cheap gun a good buy as long as you accept that when a major part fails the gun will likely become a wall hanger.
Chances are that despite being old guns, there aren't that many miles on them. More like carried everywhere, banged around, but not going bang bang.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Yep, Grandpa Valentine did 10 years in Kolyma, in a lumber camp, felling trees and making lumber for the gold mining camps.

And then I give you this. Bernie Iowa campaign organizer:
“There’s a reason Joseph Stalin had gulags, right?” Jurek asked. “And actually, gulags were a lot better than what the CIA has told us that they were. Like, people were actually paid a living wage in gulags, they had conjugal visits in gulags, gulags were actually meant for like reeducation.” https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/14/...ulag-reeducation-trump-project-veritas-video/
Thank you both for these posts. I can't understand how people like the Bernie campaign worker can keep the blinders on at this stage. It's not the "CIA" telling us what gulags are like. It's the survivors from, the USSR, China, Cambodia & many other places. It's the families of those who didn't survive. To believe that all of these accounts are some CIA controlled plot to deceive people about the "true wonderful nature of Communism" requires a level of lying to yourself that I could never achieve no matter how much drinking & drugging I was doing. I'm truly disgusted by these people, especially the ones that grew up in & have benefited from America their whole lives. Sorry, rant over.