GA Firing Line

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
How many troops were we loosing to combat operation annually the past 3-4 years? 15? Less? That bitch was ours.
why not permatize it if you’ve invested two decades, whether you should or shouldn’t have invested that much?
Like I said we’re running ops in that region still to this day, in the Middle East and surrounding regions. Why not treat it like Korea or Japan or Germany ?
Maintain the trauma clinics, maintain the airfields, run ops out of Kandahar and Kabul and Bagram when needed. Use it as a staging point for future ops in surrounding AOs.
That’s worth 15 soldiers a year to me
Only real answer was to be like Britain and take over and control the country. Until they were (actually) ready to run it themselves.
That was never going to happen, from us.
Or from them; they're not really a country, except as defined by outsiders. They'd rather be a bunch of small communities, and be left alone.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Well shit boys, if I was a betting man, I'd bet that Kabul will be under Taliban control in the morning

Probably so.

But there again, I'm about 7 tall boys deep, trying to make me forget that my right temple feels like it has a nail driven into it, and discussing world politics... needless to say, I'm well out of my depth.