Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Depends if Ukraine decides to take back the eastern parts by force. If they would guarantee semi-autonomy and stop de-Russonization, conflict would stop.
Crimea will never be Ukranian. It was Russian since Peter the Great took it from the Ottoman empire. It was Ukranian for a grand total of 50 years, after Khruschev, a Ukranian, gifted it to Ukranian SSR and took it out of RSFSR. He had no authority to do so.
I was in Crimea in the 1980s. Ukranian was not spoken. Period. It was all Russian population.
New Ukranian govt decided to terminate Russsia's lease of the Naval base in Sevastopol (Russian base going back to Peter's time). It is the main Black Sea base. Secondary base used to be in Odessa, now Ukraine, and Russia had given up that one. Was not gonna happen.
I have family in both Ukraine and Russia, and Ukraine bluffed and lost.

Had good friends (retired couple) stuck in Kiev during the last Soros fermented Orange revolution. They barely escaped to Russia. Left literally everything behind. They were Ukranian death squads looking for Russians in Kiev.
I understand why Novo-Russia and Donbass are fighting.
@Miles Going back to the discussion I missed this morning, I wanted to get your opinion on strategic access/control of the Black Sea coast in motivating Russia's actions in Ukraine. i mentioned to @2Glocks last night that I thought it was an important issue. What is weird to me is that I hardly ever see it discussed in the Western media. Am I just stuck in 19th century Great Game politics or is this still a major concern for Russia?

Shortcut

Tracker
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Georgia
@2Glocks you better be training.....you owe me 5.5 miles

View attachment 124312
Had a great arm workout before work today and knocked out cardio at lunch. Nowhere near the distances you and @2Glocks run. But solid good cardio on the eliptical. Looking forward to Leg day tomorrow, got a new program I am doing, want to see how bad leg day kills me

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
It’s a benelli M4 h20 like 5500.00

Ooh, I like fine Italian work.

84b16d3960050506140e8dec1187bde4.jpg

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
@Miles Going back to the discussion I missed this morning, I wanted to get your opinion on strategic access/control of the Black Sea coast in motivating Russia's actions in Ukraine. i mentioned to @2Glocks last night that I thought it was an important issue. What is weird to me is that I hardly ever see it discussed in the Western media. Am I just stuck in 19th century Great Game politics or is this still a major concern for Russia?
Russia considers Black Sea its backyard. Like US does Gulf of Mexico.
Dardanells and Bosphoros are a huge deal to Russia. If Turkey/NATO blocks them, there will be war.
Russia has always traded heavily with north African and ME countries, incl. Israel (food and produce) and Russia will do all it can to control Black Sea and access to the Miditereanian and Atlantic.
PS another reason why Russia has dozens of icebreakers. Keep the northern routes open to Atlantic and Pacific.