Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
How do I not know this.... What are they?

Sugar gliders. They're like flying squirrels but they're marsupials. In the one pic, you can see that her pouch is bulging bc the 2 babies are in there. The babies are the size of a grain of rice when they're born and they crawl to the pouch. Gestation period is only like 7 days iirc...

They're nocturnal. About 2 or 3 times a year they liked to go crazy and bark in the middle of the night like puppy dogs.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Apparently, Georgia FUCKING power sent my wife a text/email... they will have our power back on by 11/01/2020... by 11am. I guess our shit in the fridge and freezer is fucked. Dick Farmers. Hey fuck sticks, will you give use a huge discount for the 4 fucking days we didn't have power... Yeah, I didn't think so... and I thought Atlanta gas and light was bad.

DeanMoriarty

oW n ER
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 19, 2020
Emerson GA
@DeanMoriarty

Just saw your new handle

We had a pair that mated and had a pair of babies...

View attachment 105109 View attachment 105110 View attachment 105111 View attachment 105112
Tragic story
I've always wanted some of those little bebbies, and I had mentioned that in passing to my wife at some point prior to our first Xmas together. So she found one on FB marketplace and bought it for me as a gift. Long story short this thing HATED people, hissed and bit, and would absolutely not be handled. Turns out it was a breeder only and had sadly never been loved :( . My wife didn't think to handle her prior to buying, as they met in a parking lot or some shit. I TRIED SO HARD to get that gal to let us love her and she just wouldn't have it. We gave her to a sugar glider rescue (or something like that) and even they said it was bad. Thus ends my glider days ~sad~

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Long ass fuckin day. It is worse than we thought. Got a U-Haul and a storage unit and got a bunch of stuff out of the house. Still have a lot more to go. Found a pet friendly hotel for a few nights. Looking at an Airbnb in the kids school district for at least a few months now. It's probably gonna be a while before we are back in our house and I'm not doing the Hotel/Extended Stay thing. FTS.

Thanks for all the thoughts, well wishes and prayers guys. I wish I could get back to everyone. Gonna drink a few toenail waters and play with the kids and the dogs and try to make the best of this shit.

Cheers!

View attachment 105097
I am sorry!
Check with Red Cross. They often help with housing for fire and natural disaster victims. They might have housing vouchers you could use.
Also, in Alaska Red Cross had an agreement to house people in condos in a local university. Your local RC branch might do the same. Or call a local school, if there is one, explain your situation and see if you could rent an apartment from them. They might want to make a buck ot two.
Just brainstorming.