Last edited:

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Vepr folder

That's actually a very good price. 2 years they were sold retail for 1600, and this one has about $200 worth of extras. Somebody jump on it!

Last edited:

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I attended a shoot with some of the RunNGun guys Saturday morning. This was a small, invitation-only, "training" session, yet we kept score. Drills were scored based on speed/number of hits. The guys I was shooting with are all pretty good, we all typically finish in the top ten at organized events. (not bragging, just establishing that we all were fairly equal in ability)

Everyone ran an AR, I ran the AK - tuned up WASR with PA scope, muzzle brake, etc.
I finished rifle portions in about 3X the time it took the AR guys. I do believe I could cut this time some with practice, but I don't believe practice alone would make the rifle an equal in terms of speed for follow up shots, or for long-distance.

I ran this rifle last month at the Okrunngun, it was fun - but there's little doubt that the plastic guns are more effective when speed is a requirement.

I tried, guys. I really did. I still love that rifle and plan to run it at Pecos in September, hopefully a bunch of dry fire drills will help, as well as many more rounds downrange.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
I attended a shoot with some of the RunNGun guys Saturday morning. This was a small, invitation-only, "training" session, yet we kept score. Drills were scored based on speed/number of hits. The guys I was shooting with are all pretty good, we all typically finish in the top ten at organized events. (not bragging, just establishing that we all were fairly equal in ability)

Everyone ran an AR, I ran the AK - tuned up WASR with PA scope, muzzle brake, etc.
I finished rifle portions in about 3X the time it took the AR guys. I do believe I could cut this time some with practice, but I don't believe practice alone would make the rifle an equal in terms of speed for follow up shots, or for long-distance.

I ran this rifle last month at the Okrunngun, it was fun - but there's little doubt that the plastic guns are more effective when speed is a requirement.

I tried, guys. I really did. I still love that rifle and plan to run it at Pecos in September, hopefully a bunch of dry fire drills will help, as well as many more rounds downrange.
Part of it is magazine changes. Rock and lock takes longer in any platform, be it SIG or AK. STANAG mags are easier ro change.
Second issue is caliber. 7.62x39 does not lent itself to fast follow up shots. Change it to AK in 5.56 or 5.45x39, and you will see how quickly you can double tap with AK.

Last edited:

Mr. Goodbar

Savage Hooligan
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Only matters where I'm going

Run a 5.45 instead and i bet it's way faster and better

Mr. Goodbar

Savage Hooligan
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Only matters where I'm going
Part of it is magazine changes. Rock and lock takes longer in any platform, be it SIG or AK. STANAG magas are easier ro change.
Second issue is caliber. 7.62x39 does not lent itself to fast follow up shots. Change it to AK in 5.56 or 5.45x39, and you will see how quickly you can double tap with AK.
You beat me to it

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

So you couldn't run a gun you're not proficient with with as much speed as one that you are proficient with...

Colour me surprised

This is what I'm talking about with the community at large...competition shooting and especially tactical competition shooting is somehow the ultimate litmus test of everything