• Total voters

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
So you couldn't run a gun you're not proficient with with as much speed as one that you are proficient with...

Colour me surprised

This is what I'm talking about with the community at large...competition shooting and especially tactical competition shooting is somehow the ultimate litmus test of everything

Lol - I'm pretty proficient with it. That's the point.

As for your "litmus test" comment - I'm not saying this is the end-all test. My comment to the guys I was with is - yes it's an AK, it eats EVERYTHING.

During one of the drills, one guy said, "well, I don't think the speed on this one matters, by the time you got to this point, you'd have done something bad to "them" by now anyway".

So - not knocking it, and I'm still not an AR guy. Just wanted to share my observations, take it for what it's worth.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
you feeding zooplankton?

Well when I bought that $9 scallop, I was under the impression that he was fine since he's "just a filter feeder." BTW, this is the 2nd time I took the pet shop at their word, I've got to stop doing that.

I've been feeding Marine Snow, which is $20/bottle and it lasted about 3 weeks. I've seen him eating and he seems to be doing well so far even though the forums say how hard it is to keep them alive. I've been debating giving it away or giving it back to the pet store lol...but he is actually pretty cool to watch even though he's not the electric...

I have some cool pics of him eating, I'll try to remember to post them when I get home...

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Which one of you is buying coffee and a donut? Already ran 3 calls since 8:00. Haven’t even got to eat yet lol! Happy Monday

dd6a9b230877d4fba5c71fae19df9237.gif

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I attended a shoot with some of the RunNGun guys Saturday morning. This was a small, invitation-only, "training" session, yet we kept score. Drills were scored based on speed/number of hits. The guys I was shooting with are all pretty good, we all typically finish in the top ten at organized events. (not bragging, just establishing that we all were fairly equal in ability)

Everyone ran an AR, I ran the AK - tuned up WASR with PA scope, muzzle brake, etc.
I finished rifle portions in about 3X the time it took the AR guys. I do believe I could cut this time some with practice, but I don't believe practice alone would make the rifle an equal in terms of speed for follow up shots, or for long-distance.

I ran this rifle last month at the Okrunngun, it was fun - but there's little doubt that the plastic guns are more effective when speed is a requirement.

I tried, guys. I really did. I still love that rifle and plan to run it at Pecos in September, hopefully a bunch of dry fire drills will help, as well as many more rounds downrange.
Sounds like something the guys over at InRangeTV do. That's one of the few online channels that I really enjoy watching.
I like the AK platform because it's fun, not because I'm competing or fighting with the rifle. It just wouldn't make sense with some heavy, oversized clunker like a semi-auto RPK (for me). I did a run and gun style match with a Kimber 1911 and 7-round magazines a few years back. I finished in the bottom half, despite being a pretty good pistol shooter. I still like 1911's a lot. I think if I was actually trying to win, I'd have gone with a polymer frame striker fired gun instead.

Mr. Goodbar

Savage Hooligan
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Only matters where I'm going
F the rain! This was last Thursday. Creek runs along just inside that tree line.... Or at least it used to. That is not sitting water, it was flowing like a river across there

View attachment 67451
I have to run and trench pvc for the downspouts for the house, the sides are pretty bad as well as the front. Probably in the spring so i can get the grass to grow back. That's gonna be a big job. Gonna ask the neighbors if they want to run theirs too from the side, it's a wash. Gonna run it to the back close to the creek

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Have you shot Malcomar's Cetme L? Recoil is less than AR. Takes STANAG magazines. Just as dirty as AR, but no gas port issues to worry about. Fluted chamber means ejection always works, even with steel cased and laquered ammo.
I've shot the HK version. They are very nice, no question, but needlessly heavy. I'm not an AR guy but it's a very hard argument to say anything is better than it for a 5.56 gun.

Blue bio balls

Hurt me, but make me feel gay at the same time
Sep 5, 2018
Flowery Branch
Zip code
Well when I bought that $9 scallop, I was under the impression that he was fine since he's "just a filter feeder." BTW, this is the 2nd time I took the pet shop at their word, I've got to stop doing that.

I've been feeding Marine Snow, which is $20/bottle and it lasted about 3 weeks. I've seen him eating and he seems to be doing well so far even though the forums say how hard it is to keep them alive. I've been debating giving it away or giving it back to the pet store lol...but he is actually pretty cool to watch even though he's not the electric...

I have some cool pics of him eating, I'll try to remember to post them when I get home...
They are selective filter feeders and it's almost impossible to find the food they like.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Nyet. Building AK is big investment. WASR cheap investment.
I get what you’re saying, it’s a lower level of commitment.
But lemme ask this - are WASRs “nice” AKMs? Are they more likely to inspire the new owner to keep it and/or upgrade, or are they going to thing all AKMs are rattle-traps with sharp edges and rough actions - not dangerous, but just kinda MEH?

This is an honest question, I personally can’t tell a WASR from most of the others since I’ve only owned the one M70 I have now.
And many of the other AKMs I’ve seen seemed somewhat cheap by comparison.