• Total voters

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there something fishy about Milled AK63? As in soft barrel, Clearview Invesment kit built on a US receiver?
4140 barrel on the milled and the stamped Hungarians from century recently.
it’s stamped furniture force fitted on a unique proprietary milled receiver

Milled got better marks than the stamped still

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there something fishy about Milled AK63? As in soft barrel, Clearview Invesment kit built on a US receiver?
It's a Hungarian parts kit built on a C39 underfolder receiver. Century had a ton of those receivers left over and started building kits with them. The barrel is 4140 steel, but the build is WAAAAAY nicer than a Clearview. FWIW, Century didn't screw these up.

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
It's a Hungarian parts kit built on a C39 underfolder receiver. Century had a ton of those receivers left over and started building kits with them. The barrel is 4140 steel, but the build is WAAAAAY nicer than a Clearview. FWIW, Century didn't screw these up.

I'm just relieved to see yours/mine/someone else's/mine/someone else's isn't listed again lol.
Maybe it found it's forever home.

J-P

Tracker
Aug 20, 2019
Georgia
That's a decent deal on the RH10.
If one didn't want a Century roll mark on their rifle, they could do this M+M DIY kit. Dress it up with whatever furniture and brake you want. Of course, it would be a bit more expensive, but how much better is the M+M than the RH10? The same chrome lined Romy barrel? Correct?

That's what I did. Looks like the M+M DIY went up a little in price. Think I paid $515 delivered for mine and had extra furniture laying around so didn't cost me anything extra to finish it off.

0116200842.jpg

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
What I learned is: you never know who’s got heart

the hardest got soft and the softest stacked bodies
AND the military doesn't turn men into killers. Most men are already killers at heart. Their aversion to doing things that seem atrocious in "normal life" is a very thin veneer of civility that is easily broken in combat. Most men do not default to good, but rather do good because it is what is expected of them and what serves them in their current circumstance. "Normal Men" do very "Abnormal" things when the everyday normal ebb and flow of life is replaced by a constant round of fear and death.

It takes leadership at the company level, hard work by commanders, platoon leaders, senior and junior NCO's to keep the men in line. When I was an E1 I had no idea about any of this. I thought the discipline that was ruthlessly required from above was just another way of pissing on the people. After my first deployment it was crystal clear. E1's-E4's do the lion share of trigger pulling....but left alone to do it they would all be wearing ear necklaces......and it has nothing to do with the military turning them into killers.

Damn....Heavy Thursday! I'll be a little on tilt for the rest of the day.

Last edited:

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
@Jds556762 I'll text you later on today after work and we'll hash out the details. I'm pretty excited about this. I had a Polish M44 once before and I sold it in a package deal with a bunch of ammo and a freaking nice 91/30. I forget what I was chasing at the time but I sold it all to fund something else and I've been bummed about not having a Mosin in the gun cabinet.