Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
I knew it would be a lot. But damn. I would feel bad for paying that much for a stock and grip.
The numba one reason I stay away from Mak 90s. I hate a neutered AK and if I had a Mak I would have to convert it and the cost of that ain't worth it. $250 for a stock and grip is actually not a bad deal in the Mak world. The NOS stocks go for $200 all day long and grips for $80 or so. But I'm like you on this one....I couldn't pay that.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Yep, Grandpa Valentine did 10 years in Kolyma, in a lumber camp, felling trees and making lumber for the gold mining camps.

And then I give you this. Bernie Iowa campaign organizer:
“There’s a reason Joseph Stalin had gulags, right?” Jurek asked. “And actually, gulags were a lot better than what the CIA has told us that they were. Like, people were actually paid a living wage in gulags, they had conjugal visits in gulags, gulags were actually meant for like reeducation.” https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/14/...ulag-reeducation-trump-project-veritas-video/

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
I wanted to hit "Like" but just couldn't do it. 10 years in Soviet Gulag...Damn, Just DAMN! But I do "Like" he made it out!
He had commanded a torpedo boat on the Baltic Sea in 1917. Was one of the sailors who stormed the Czar's Winter Palace in October Revolution. Fought Germans. Ended in Gulag in 1936 (IIRC) as enemy of the state. His friend could not take the tortures in the prison before the trial, confessed to being an enemy of the state and a Western spy. He was shot on the spot, no trial. Grandpa did not confess to anything under tortures, got 5 years of hard labor, escaped, was caught, got another 5 years tacked on.

I am Russian equivalent of Son of America Revolution. My late wife is a descendant of Benjamin Rush, Signer of Declaration of Independence, and one of the Philadelphia's founding families. Funny how life works sometime.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
He had commanded a torpedo boat on the Baltic Sea in 1917. Was one of the sailors who stormed the Czar's Winter Palace in October Revolution. Fought Germans. Ended in Gulag in 1936 (IIRC) as enemy of the state. His friend could not take the tortures in the prison before the trial, confessed to being an enemy of the state and a Western spy. He was shot on the spot, no trial. Grandpa did not confess to anything under tortures, got 5 years of hard labor, escaped, was caught, got another 5 years tacked on.

I am Russian equivalent of Son of America Revolution. My late wife is a descendant of Benjamin Rush, Signer of Declaration of Independence, and one of the Philadelphia's founding families. Funny how life works sometime.

I know zero about my family history. Would be cool to know even if it was mundane, which most likely it would be.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

I dunno that Russian revolution didnt lead to anything good tho

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I know zero about my family history. Would be cool to know even if it was mundane, which most likely it would be.
You could always do the DNA test thing.
I know very little about my maternal grandparents, unfortunately.

Some folks on my Dad's side took genealogy pretty seriously and tracked all of our ancestors back to 1575 and earlier. The cool part is that I was able to find links to the part of my family that pioneered California in the early 1850's. It helps having an uncommon surname though. Most of the other surnames in my family tree are unhelpfully common.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

What I know of mine on my dad's side, I don't like. I have found my grandfather's, great-grandfather's and grandmother's headstones and obits online. They're all buried in a cemetery in Indiana. It's interesting. I'd kind of like to go there and see the headstones in person. I have living relatives still there but I have no interest in meeting any of them.

I've met some relatives on my mom's side but I don't know anything about them.