Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code

He means ruined and no collector value. Real shame.

Is it bad that I don't hate it?

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code

He means ruined and no collector value. Real shame.

What the fuck possesses people to do that to military Surplus weapons? I got excited about a week ago when I had a trade offer for my RRA LAR8 for his K98. The fucking thing was sporterized, what a dick Farmer. At least the P38 wasn't war dated.

Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code
What the fuck possesses people to do that to military Surplus weapons? I got excited about a week ago when I had a trade offer for my RRA LAR8 for his K98. The fucking thing was sporterized, what a dick Farmer. At least the P38 wasn't war dated.

A why the hell not attitude. As a former bubba, I'm not proud to admit that I've unspeakably ruined a Yugo Mauser at one time.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
One of the best deer rifles I used was a sporterized lee enfield. I don’t like it now, but back when those rifles were dirt cheap an abundant, I can see why people did it. If it is done in good taste, why not. I think it’s part of America’s gun culture from back in the day.

but pistols, hell no lol. Also imports are not really here anymore and prices are high, so I don’t see a point in it now.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
I don't particularly mind when people do it. But they need to realize that in making it into something they think is really cool, they're either stuck with it or have to just take whatever they can get for it if they don't keep it forever. it's like guys who customize Harleys to their own taste & then expect somebody to pay for each and every change when they sell it. Most buyers are going to undo half that shit anyway so in their opinion it actually lowers the value of it as a project bike.

Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code
I don't particularly mind when people do it. But they need to realize that in making it into something they think is really cool, they're either stuck with it or have to just take whatever they can get for it if they don't keep it forever. it's like guys who customize Harleys to their own taste & then expect somebody to pay for each and every change when they sell it. Most buyers are going to undo half that shit anyway so in their opinion it actually lowers the value of it as a project bike.

That's what happens every time I try to sell one of my builds.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
This... it bothered me that the seller was insinuating that there was any collector value or that it was "excellent condition"
It's one thing to have a weird, one off kind of thing, but be genuine about it