Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
The ACE pistol with brace I had was really nice. If I would have kept it I would have had to look into a flash hider or something to tame the fireball. As it was for me I couldn't justify having the rifle and the pistol.
ACE pistol is the only AK I keep loaded. I put a sling on mine and it makes a perfect woods gun. When I check my woods for poachers and deer stands, this is what I carry.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
That's nice, and priced great, but I won't own another 1911 that has a bull barrel. Also, the only commanders I'm really interested in are true 4.25" commanders. I know, I know, I'm kinda a 1911 snob.
why no love for bull barrels?
I had one with a bull barrel and I actually didnt like it very much, but probably had to do more with the entire gun than just the fact that it had a bull barrel

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
why no love for bull barrels?
I had one with a bull barrel and I actually didnt like it very much, but probably had to do more with the entire gun than just the fact that it had a bull barrel

They don't offer a single advantage over a traditional barrel bushing and they make takedown and reassembly impossible without a little tiny tool. That tool always either gets lost or breaks and you have to resort to cutting and bending a paperclip to capture the recoil spring to relieve spring pressure for disassembly.

The first time you are away from your workbench and need to disassemble a 1911 with a bull barrel you'll realize why I dislike them so much. ;)

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
That's the one gun in the shop I really want to see finished.

I think the finish that's on it right now is PERFECT.

What I'm having a tough time with is seeing how you'll set the barrel bushing and recoil spring/guide rod without ruining the aesthetics...
Unless it's all set further back in the slide like a Commander, and the Hound's Teeth are just out front like a muzzle break, but then you get into disassembly problems, etc...

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
They don't offer a single advantage over a traditional barrel bushing and they make takedown and reassembly impossible without a little tiny tool. That tool always either gets lost or breaks and you have to resort to cutting and bending a paperclip to capture the recoil spring to relieve spring pressure for disassembly.

The first time you are away from your workbench and need to disassemble a 1911 with a bull barrel you'll realize why I dislike them so much. ;)
Yeah but they THICCC

Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code
I think the finish that's on it right now is PERFECT.

What I'm having a tough time with is seeing how you'll set the barrel bushing and recoil spring/guide rod without ruining the aesthetics...
Unless it's all set further back in the slide like a Commander, and the Hound's Teeth are just out front like a muzzle break, but then you get into disassembly problems, etc...

I think it was supposed to be set back in the slide. Not 100% sure though, since it hasn't changed in the 8 years I've been here.