• Wipe and sit

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Birdnest

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I think it was supposed to be set back in the slide. Not 100% sure though, since it hasn't changed in the 8 years I've been here.
Yikes. I'm guessing it belongs to one of the owners? I've seen that kind of thing before, and hate to see a project languish half-done.
Someone needs a kick in the ass to get it finished.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
They don't offer a single advantage over a traditional barrel bushing and they make takedown and reassembly impossible without a little tiny tool. That tool always either gets lost or breaks and you have to resort to cutting and bending a paperclip to capture the recoil spring to relieve spring pressure for disassembly.

The first time you are away from your workbench and need to disassemble a 1911 with a bull barrel you'll realize why I dislike them so much. ;)
I get the no advantage part. Never ran into any big problems with field stripping and reassembling though. Generally have good luck and a full tool pouch on my side.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
ODT mods claim the same thing but threw that all out the window when they started charging for listings...thank you sir!

Well... now the ODT is different. That forum rakes in a good salary for its owner, even before they started charging for listings. I'll be transparent and let you know that our site has been operating for 5 years in the red without a profit. I'd show you the tax returns but I have it listed as an LLC under my S-Corp, so it is tied into my personal tax returns. But typically with hosting, forum software management, development, marketing and merchandise costs, I'm usually around the $15K mark a year in expenses and the revenue is typically around $2K. I have done some things to scale back on expenses this year due to a job loss right before Christmas 2017 and some unexpected personal expenses that arose this year. But God is good and continues to bless me and my family, so I could never complain.

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
Well... now the ODT is different. That forum rakes in a good salary for its owner, even before they started charging for listings. I'll be transparent and let you know that our site has been operating for 5 years in the red without a profit. I'd show you the tax returns but I have it listed as an LLC under my S-Corp, so it is tied into my personal tax returns. But typically with hosting, forum software management, development, marketing and merchandise costs, I'm usually around the $15K mark a year in expenses and the revenue is typically around $2K. I have done some things to scale back on expenses this year due to a job loss right before Christmas 2017 and some unexpected personal expenses that arose this year. But God is good and continues to bless me and my family, so I could never complain.
Wow I commend you sir! Thank you for being generally interested in a gun forum and not trying to run up your bank account. No need for tax return I have no reason to not believe you. Thank you for this site!

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Wow I commend you sir! Thank you for being generally interested in a gun forum and not trying to run up your bank account. No need for tax return I have no reason to not believe you. Thank you for this site!

Well, I truly wish the bank account were going UP instead of down at the same time, but I get that Dougiemac's heart is in the right place. Just above the lungs.

Jhunter

Marksman
Oct 14, 2019
Dallas
Zip code
Did I read that right? So you're saying you've been operating this site at a deficit of approximately $13k/year?

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Did I read that right? So you're saying you've been operating this site at a deficit of approximately $13k/year?
This is why I want to do every little thing I can think of to help this place grow. I didn't know the actual numbers, but after owning our own business for 20 years before bad health shut us down, I knew @dougiemac needed more members & traffic to keep going. His genuine concern & support for firearm ownership & this community is humbling.

Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code
Why? What parts do you need and for what project?

Mainly a government profile barrel for the A4.
And ideally a second one for the C7, but I can't really afford that right now unless I sell off a few things.

And speaking of the C7, if anybody sees a Diemaco collapsible stock around somewhere, let me know.

noclevername

Marksman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
usa
They don't offer a single advantage over a traditional barrel bushing and they make takedown and reassembly impossible without a little tiny tool. That tool always either gets lost or breaks and you have to resort to cutting and bending a paperclip to capture the recoil spring to relieve spring pressure for disassembly.

The first time you are away from your workbench and need to disassemble a 1911 with a bull barrel you'll realize why I dislike them so much. ;)
And if you can remove your bushing without a tool it’s too loose and effects accuracy. Ask Les Baer

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code

He means ruined and no collector value. Real shame.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code

He means ruined and no collector value. Real shame.

that is horrifying