• Total voters

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I’m late to the HK discussion (just got off work).

I was issued both a G36K and a G36C years ago, circa 2001. The absolute WORST working rifle I have ever held in my hands! Wouldn’t hold a zero for shit with the OEM duel optic scope/red dot imbedded in the carry handle. To a HKs credit they replaced the sight system with a full Picatinny rail with pistol like peep sights, useless for rifle work. No worries Aimpoint M3s we’re attached...drive on. Still wouldn’t Hold a zero. I mean like a 12 MOA shift from day to day. Completely useless beyond room distance once the rifle warmed up from shooting.

I believe the issued was finally narrowed down to a steel barrel imbedded in a polymer trunnion = clown like accuracy. I quickly racked mine and opted for a good old Colt M4.

The G36 was a very good looking rifle, CHF barrel that was finished like a fine piece of art, clear polymer 30 round mags before anybody made a clear polymer mag with built in the mag body couplers, simple to field strip/maintain.....and as accurate as a sling shot at 100 meters.

Has the G36 been upgraded in the last 20 years? I really don’t have a clue. But if it still rocks the steel/polymer - barrel/trunnion like receiver combo.....I wouldn’t give a small pile is steaming owl shit for one.
You’re the first one I’ve known to actually use one in any capacity ! That’s crazy

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Thanks! I'd love to go full SD... or at least slap one of my 9mm cans on it. Problem is the barrel came with no attachment options and the damn machine work to get a real barrel put on it is $800+ I'd be better off buying another one with a threaded/three lug barrel. And I'd like to have the paddle mag release.

It shoots great- so long as it's 124 grain ammo. Feeds hollow points or round nose with no issues... but sometimes has FTFs with 115s. Granted the light reloads may be to blame for that.
@Fast306stang has one too he was thinking about doing the paddle mag thing too

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
View attachment 59402

mine feeds 115 fine, but on soft stuff like PMC that ejection is weak. Like a foot or two away.

hot European 115 feeds great and kicks brass 6-8 feet

It eats 124 NATO like a damn fat kid and spits out the brass across the room. Loves it
Why the straight mag? Did HK make variants like that? I like old style colt mags in SMGs. So tired of Glock mags. And I love my glocks.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Why the straight mag? Did HK make variants like that? I like old style colt mags in SMGs. So tired of Glock mags. And I love my glocks.
Yep old vintage gen 1 MP5 mags. Run ball ammo just fine, occasional hiccups on hollow points so HK revamped and made the Curved ones. I keep it piped up with hot ball ammo so I’m cool with it. Have shot it enough to trust it at this point. Sometimes I roll those baby 15 rounders though they fit inside my handbag well

C73454E8-EB01-447B-90B2-A88B56ECA9EF.jpeg

I also use Colt SMG mags in my AR-9

B1EFFE93-2291-4882-9310-83E1CA249270.jpeg 67D2E996-412A-4B9D-9AC7-EAC8D1C8A93A.jpeg

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I’m late to the HK discussion (just got off work).

I was issued both a G36K and a G36C years ago, circa 2001. The absolute WORST working rifle I have ever held in my hands! Wouldn’t hold a zero for shit with the OEM duel optic scope/red dot imbedded in the carry handle. To a HKs credit they replaced the sight system with a full Picatinny rail with pistol like peep sights, useless for rifle work. No worries Aimpoint M3s we’re attached...drive on. Still wouldn’t Hold a zero. I mean like a 12 MOA shift from day to day. Completely useless beyond room distance once the rifle warmed up from shooting.

I believe the issue was finally narrowed down to a steel barrel imbedded in a polymer trunnion = clown like accuracy. I quickly racked mine and opted for a good old Colt M4.

The G36 was a very good looking rifle, CHF barrel that was finished like a fine piece of art, clear polymer 30 round mags before anybody made a clear polymer mag with built in the mag body couplers, simple to field strip/maintain.....and as accurate as a sling shot at 100 meters.

Has the G36 been upgraded in the last 20 years? I really don’t have a clue. But if it still rocks the steel/polymer - barrel/trunnion like receiver combo.....I wouldn’t give a small pile is steaming owl shit for one.

Who the fuck would put a poly trunnion block on anything... unbelievable. Wait, I'd use a poly trunnion block on a airsoft rifle that's about it...

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Thanks! I'd love to go full SD... or at least slap one of my 9mm cans on it. Problem is the barrel came with no attachment options and the damn machine work to get a real barrel put on it is $800+ I'd be better off buying another one with a threaded/three lug barrel. And I'd like to have the paddle mag release.

It shoots great- so long as it's 124 grain ammo. Feeds hollow points or round nose with no issues... but sometimes has FTFs with 115s. Granted the light reloads may be to blame for that.

Wonder if mine being a reverse stretch helps? Also I heard HK is putting 100 degree locking pieces in both their full size and PK models now.

MP5k used to use the 110 degree locking piece for like 30 years. Or the 80 degree when using with a suppressor plus stock

MP5 has always used 100 degree locking piece as far as I know

my reverse stretch came with a 100 degree in it, and that’s what I’ve been using, but I’ve also got an RCM 110 degree piece if I ever saw it choking on something. I dropped it in and checked bolt gap and there was no significant change. Maybe .001 +/-