• Total voters

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Well, yours was actually broken according to you..
I dont see the point of FAs on ARs either. I ain't slamming something home that doesnt go naturally. In your case it wasnt the chamber or cartridge, but a broken rifle.
I've done it... but we are also talking about at the end of a full day on the range and hundreds of rounds through a rifle

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Well, yours was actually broken according to you..
I dont see the point of FAs on ARs either. I ain't slamming something home that doesnt go naturally. In your case it wasnt the chamber or cartridge, but a broken rifle.

Well, I'm pretty sure the early ARs had some issues that were resolved with FA.
I solved my FAL issue by straightening a flimsy part that should not fail on a battle rifle.

As for slamming something home that doesn't go naturally, well.....a little lube makes it seem pretty natural - jus sayin'.

Reactions: 3x and Jstegman1

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I've done it... but we are also talking about at the end of a full day on the range and hundreds of rounds through a rifle

I've been on Army ranges all day shooting several hundred rounds, day after day, and never ran into the problems you guy have had. That includes my personal weapons. The only gun that tends to go down is the M249. Everything else is pretty much good to go, as long as you lubricate them in between every couple of firing orders.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Well, I'm pretty sure the early ARs had some issues that were resolved with FA.
I solved my FAL issue by straightening a flimsy part that should not fail on a battle rifle.

As for slamming something home that doesn't go naturally, well.....a little lube makes it seem pretty natural - jus sayin'.
The early ARs had issues with incorrect powders being used as well as guys being told they didnt need to clean their space guns....

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
You have any experience with FALs in combat?

No, the only reason I have a ton of FAL mags is because I got a super deal on them from a guy who needed money. And for the record, I have not been over seas. I came back into the Army reserve in 2006, and have been in a training division ever since. But I do have a inordinate amount of time on Army ranges, getting soldiers to qualify with their weapons.