Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Because I’m an IDIOT, I’m of course torn between wood stock and side folder.
Idiots like to have their cake and eat it too. It’d be nice if there was a side folder WITH a wood stock for less than the cost of @1776 ’s jaguar.

Because I’m also a FRUGAL IDIOT (subset of above), I’m somewhat willing to make shit from shit into other shit. Aka: polish a turd.

BTW, thanks for the quick rundown of WASR. I knew they weren’t same furniture as Yugo - that’s only OPAP and NPAP, right?
But thought they might be as thick of receivers without the bulge, and have that same silky smooth feel. I guess not. But CL is good...
Factory sidefolder means Arsenal 107f or 107fr. $1200 used to $1400 NIB.
Buy a wood stock WASR and replace it with the CNC Warrior sidefolder. Bolts up to the rear tang. Much sturdier and better cheeckweld than a Polish or Romy sidefolders.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Any leads on cheap metal mags? Anyone got a few they’ll sale me? Beat to hell is right up my alley
Global Ordnance mags are good to go. I tried them in a Daniel Defence AR. I do not have a PSA, sorry.
For the money, you can beat on them all day.
If you are in the mood for a drive, I can sell you 5 of them for $25. If want them shipped I will have to see how many I can cram in the flat rate box and how much shipping will be.
For aluminum GI mags, PSA D&H mags are the best current deal.

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
@I.D.-ten-T I believe all Yugos are Yugo specific furniture, not just N and O pap.

The bulged trunnion is bc these AKs were meant to have grenade launchers and therefore needed thicker trunnions. Also the reason they have grenade sights.

CL is good. It's not the end of the world not to have one but it's always a positive.

I'd go with @Jeddak advice. Get a wood stock WASR and then add on a side folding stock if you want. Just a warning though, cheek weld on a side and under folder are total balls. Might as well go a few rounds in the boxing ring.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
@I.D.-ten-T I believe all Yugos are Yugo specific furniture, not just N and O pap.

The bulged trunnion is bc these AKs were meant to have grenade launchers and therefore needed thicker trunnions. Also the reason they have grenade sights.

CL is good. It's not the end of the world not to have one but it's always a positive.

I'd go with @Jeddak advice. Get a wood stock WASR and then add on a side folding stock if you want. Just a warning though, cheek weld on a side and under folder are total balls. Might as well go a few rounds in the boxing ring.
Depends on the sidefolder. Polish and Romy are not comfortable. Russian series 100 folders, Bulgy SAM7SF, Vepr 47-21 and Galil style CNC Warrior are the same as using wood stock.
Underfolder sucks, that's why I have only one UF.

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
Depends on the sidefolder. Polish and Romy are not comfortable. Russian series 100 folders, Bulgy SAM7SF, Vepr 47-21 and Galil style CNC Warrior are the same as using wood stock.
Underfolder sucks, that's why I have only one UF.

True. I was referring to a Romy wire side folder. Didn't think about the other options.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I think the knockoff Gucci ones are $9.99 at delta team tactical
Turns out those are mixed bag, dunno what you’re gonna get ch.
I went for this:
$23, free shipping.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Factory sidefolder means Arsenal 107f or 107fr. $1200 used to $1400 NIB.
Buy a wood stock WASR and replace it with the CNC Warrior sidefolder. Bolts up to the rear tang. Much sturdier and better cheeckweld than a Polish or Romy sidefolders.
That seems like my kind of deal. What’s typical price on a WASR these days? $1200 is out of my range. But I can be patient and wait for the right fish to swim by...

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
And here I am waiting on my UF....
Unless you shoot half a case in one sitting, you will be OK. I added a recoil pad to mine. With iron sights my cheek was OK, my shoulder sore. UF are bad for optics (how to mount and high cheekwelds). And I am slowly putting optics on all of my AKs. Everybody should have 1 UF, they are the most compact AK with 16" barrel

Last edited:

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
And here I am waiting on my UF....
Don’t sweat it. My M70AB2 UF is just fine.
Only reason I might want a sidefolder is that it takes a while to deploy the UF. Mine doesn’t beat me up, and I’ve had some rifles that did that to my face and shoulder.

I also kinda want the extra area of the wood stock to play around with and customize