FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
2020 in review:

1. The dumbest thing I ever bought was a 2020 planner.

2. I was so bored I called Jake from State Farm just to talk to someone. He asked me what I was wearing.

3. 2019: Stay away from negative people. 2020: Stay away from positive people.

4. The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house & their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors.

5. This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her dog. It was obvious she thought her dog understood her. I came into my house & told my cat. We laughed a lot.

6. Every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.

7. Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?

8. This virus has done what no woman has been able to do. Cancel sports, shut down all bars & keep men at home!

9. I never thought the comment, “I wouldn’t touch him/her with a 6-foot pole” would become a national policy, but here we are!

10. I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.

11. I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to the backyard. I’m getting tired of the Living Room.

12. Never in a million years could I have imagined I would go up to a bank teller wearing a mask & asking for money.

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
Current situation...

Originally we were concerned that the house wouldn't pass FHA approval because of cosmetic issues and the deck/handrails. The seller wasn't in any position to fix anything, they are in the middle of a divorce and just want to get the place sold. So we switched to a conventional, which meant everything about the terms and also how much I had to put down changed. Which was bad, but I made it work.
-House got.

My lender called me last night and told me that whe loan went off to underwriting and they ran the final check I was 7 points below what I needed in order to make the terms work. I was told today at 11:59pm was the deadline to cancel or I lose my $2,000 earnest money.
-House gone.

My lender called the appraiser today and found out that the house actually would qualify for FHA in the current condition, AND that it appraised for $6k more than I was buying it for.
-House got.

All ammendments signed, contract extended until the 28th, closing extended until the 31st. One day.

Great success.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Current situation...

Originally we were concerned that the house wouldn't pass FHA approval because of cosmetic issues and the deck/handrails. The seller wasn't in any position to fix anything, they are in the middle of a divorce and just want to get the place sold. So we switched to a conventional, which meant everything about the terms and also how much I had to put down changed. Which was bad, but I made it work.
-House got.

My lender called me last night and told me that whe loan went off to underwriting and they ran the final check I was 7 points below what I needed in order to make the terms work. I was told today at 11:59pm was the deadline to cancel or I lose my $2,000 earnest money.
-House gone.

My lender called the appraiser today and found out that the house actually would qualify for FHA in the current condition, AND that it appraised for $6k more than I was buying it for.
-House got.

All ammendments signed, contract extended until the 28th, closing extended until the 31st. One day.

Great success.

Congrats I think. How do you end up 6 points below what is needed? Seems arbitrary and wrong.

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
Congrats I think. How do you end up 6 points below what is needed? Seems arbitrary and wrong.
When they ran my credit in August for pre-qualification I was good to go, then they based the loan off of that.

Not quite sure, I've never bought a house before.

But I had several things post between then and now from when I was furloughed for almost 6 months from March to August. Late car payment, and hits from them checking my credit.

As soon as I went back to work I started shopping for houses again. Then all of that shit hit during that time. I guess by the time I actually found a place things had changed.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Current situation...

-House got.

-House gone.

-House got.

Great success.

Nerve wracking for sure. You've read the stuff we've been going through for the last 5 months...but congratulations!!!