Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
Is that you on the left, @Peanut Butter on the right, @Shemp in the middle in the Daisy Dukes, and @Jds556762 behind everyone else looking at their asses?
Dude I about spit my drink all over my phone when I read that. :laugh::laugh:
Curious to see everyone in the civil war 2: electric boogaloo. I’ll bring coors and x39

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Mine works great. Built my own on an 80% with parts like it's a Khyber. I can hit a bowling pin at 500 when I do my part. What's the problem?
Proprietary parts ...which wouldnt be an issue if it werent an AR. One of the big draws of the AR is modularity. AR10s just arent quite as rugged as they should be. Even the SR25. Like I said earlier, if I buy something I want the practical best. AR10s in general just arent there yet . Perfectly fine as a fun rifle though, and all rifles are fun rifles.

Hoss

I have no idea who owns this place
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 11, 2019
here
This stock is just fugly. And it rattles.

Eewwwww...
That’s the new one that they sent to Nigeria... true story.
61d8adbef526c549288cf808f2a9fca1.jpg

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Proprietary parts ...which wouldnt be an issue if it werent an AR. One of the big draws of the AR is modularity. AR10s just arent quite as rugged as they should be. Even the SR25. Like I said earlier, if I buy something I want the practical best. AR10s in general just arent there yet . Perfectly fine as a fun rifle though, and all rifles are fun rifles.

I dunno - a lot of my parts are straight AR - like the rifle length gas system, buffer system, FCG, sights...The receiver is proprietary only so far as being a DPMS-308 type, but that's common. I went free-float, not exactly proprietary, but whatevs. I got an extra BCG just in case, it has a double ejector in the bolt face.
Built a second upper (one 20" Ballistic Arms HB profile, one 16" Faxon lightweight profile) and I swap them depending on the situation. I went with a fixed stock for reliability and repeatability, and a reduced gas port inside the gas block to get everything to not be overgassed when I'm finally able to get a can on the whole thing.
Sure, I had to get a bit of help on the gas port diameter, but the rest was pretty simple. And I have a dual purpose rifle - long range or hunting, and it takes Pmags.

I probably have $1800 in the rifle, plus $500 in the glass and mount, which I swap between uppers.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I dunno - a lot of my parts are straight AR - like the rifle length gas system, buffer system, FCG, sights...The receiver is proprietary only so far as being a DPMS-308 type, but that's common. I went free-float, not exactly proprietary, but whatevs. I got an extra BCG just in case, it has a double ejector in the bolt face.
Built a second upper (one 20" Ballistic Arms HB profile, one 16" Faxon lightweight profile) and I swap them depending on the situation. I went with a fixed stock for reliability and repeatability, and a reduced gas port inside the gas block to get everything to not be overgassed when I'm finally able to get a can on the whole thing.
Sure, I had to get a bit of help on the gas port diameter, but the rest was pretty simple. And I have a dual purpose rifle - long range or hunting, and it takes Pmags.

I probably have $1800 in the rifle, plus $500 in the glass and mount, which I swap between uppers.
I've got much,much less in my FAL made from hammer forged parts that takes the same shit as every other FAL made. I'm not trying to convince you that a FAL or SCAR is better for you...but as for me I'll take standardized, forged, proven parts. Best I can shoot is 2-3 MOA with irons on anything, FAL can give me that easily. Shitty ammo? Havent cleaned it in forever? Np sweat, move the gas adjustment a few clicks. Its heavier, but as Boris said heavy is reliable.

There's a reason why the only AR10s in wide service are super expensive DMR rifles that even still have problems.

Hoss

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 11, 2019
here
I will probably end up going with the Bonesteel Galil style folder for it.

If you get one, post it up. I lucked up and got a few original Beryl stocks a few years ago. They’ve dried up now and are hard to find. These guys claim to have improved on the design. If so, I’ll be buying some soon.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I've got much,much less in my FAL made from hammer forged parts that takes the same shit as every other FAL made. I'm not trying to convince you that a FAL or SCAR is better for you...but as for me I'll take standardized, forged, proven parts. Best I can shoot is 2-3 MOA with irons on anything, FAL can give me that easily. Shitty ammo? Havent cleaned it in forever? Np sweat, move the gas adjustment a few clicks. Its heavier, but as Boris said heavy is reliable.

There's a reason why the only AR10s in wide service are super expensive DMR rifles that even still have problems.

Tell you what - I'll take that challenge. Let's meet at a range, and trade rifles for an hour. Then we can see who likes which one better after the hour is up.
I could be proven wrong (it's happened before), or you might be asking me to help you build one like mine...

I've never fiddled with FALs much, so this should be interesting.

Hoss

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 11, 2019
here
Tell you what - I'll take that challenge. Let's meet at a range, and trade rifles for an hour. Then we can see who likes which one better after the hour is up.
I could be proven wrong (it's happened before), or you might be asking me to help you build one like mine...

My backyard range is available when y’all are ready.