• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

roadsignmcclanahan

Riding this shit show straight to hell
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
So...to find the REALLY GOOD stuff, I have to search for the REALLY BAD stuff? Intriguing!

LMAO! But I bet you're right, you'll find the truly authentic stuff if they have menudo. I want to go back to the place that didn't have anybody who spoke English...food was really good there.

I should have been a foodie with my own TV show or something, I like the different cultures when I travel. The sandwich shops in Jersey and NY are just incredible, the pizza joints too. I couldn't live there, but I do enjoy the eateries there. I think I've mentioned Chicago also...I'd LOVE to try some places there but I know I'm not going lol...

It's truly funny to watch my father-in-law at some of these places. He just cannot adapt lmao! The funniest was at a diner in NYC. Me and my wife were in line, I'm watching the guy behind the counter, "WHATCHUGOT?" And point his finger right at you, just a totally in-your-face experience. I made up my mind if I fucked up and forgot something on my order, I was just gonna live with it. I was nervous, not gonna lie. I breathed a sigh of relief when I placed my order for me and my wife with 100 percent accuracy. WHEW! "WHATCHUGOT?" Next person...I looked about 4 ppl in line behind me where my father-in-law was and told Julie, "Your dad's about to get fucked up..."

Pointed the finger right at him, "WHATCHUGOT?"

"Uhhhhhhhh..."

Skip, "WHATCHUGOT?"

:roflmao:
Chicago has some great places to eat for damn sure! I was at a sandwich shop with my boss, they had a sign up for the special that day. Place was absolutely slammed, guy would say next, tell him your order right? I kept it easy, "I'll take the special." "Aight," looks at my boss, "You?" "Is the special any good?" "No, its horseshit, its the fucking special of course its good, Jesus are you kidding me." I laughed for days at that dudes response.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Chicago has some great places to eat for damn sure! I was at a sandwich shop with my boss, they had a sign up for the special that day. Place was absolutely slammed, guy would say next, tell him your order right? I kept it easy, "I'll take the special." "Aight," looks at my boss, "You?" "Is the special any good?" "No, its horseshit, its the fucking special of course its good, Jesus are you kidding me." I laughed for days at that dudes response.

:pound:

Dammit man, I can see that happening! My dad was raised in Chicago and he's got no filter...Same as I've seen in NYC...

You're like me, I keep my orders simple the first time, especially if it's crowded and busy. I'll go back for the more complicated orders/questions when it's less hectic!

I'm still laughing at your post!

Jhunter

Marksman
Oct 14, 2019
Dallas
Zip code
15557079b75016c5a09f4a17f1b44fa9.jpg

Anyone wanna sell one cheaper? Pistol or rifle i don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

So how was Chicago? I felt safe in NYC, so long as I was in the vicinity of Time's Square. There was a pretty good police presence there...And most everybody was tourists, so I didn't really feel like something was always on the verge of happening. Now, going on the subways and getting out toward Brooklyn and such, yeah, that kept me on edge a bit, especially the last time when our group had 17 ppl. Very unnerving. I got into a verbal altercation on the subway and thought I was gonna have to choke the guy out, which in turn flipped my wife out.

I get the impression that Chicago is like that almost everywhere, which is why I'm hesitant to make the trip...

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
So how was Chicago? I felt safe in NYC, so long as I was in the vicinity of Time's Square. There was a pretty good police presence there...And most everybody was tourists, so I didn't really feel like something was always on the verge of happening. Now, going on the subways and getting out toward Brooklyn and such, yeah, that kept me on edge a bit, especially the last time when our group had 17 ppl. Very unnerving. I got into a verbal altercation on the subway and thought I was gonna have to choke the guy out, which in turn flipped my wife out.

I get the impression that Chicago is like that almost everywhere, which is why I'm hesitant to make the trip...
I don't recall Chicago being a total shit pile. Been there a few times and always had a decent time. Always in the nicer part of town. Good food scene.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I don't recall Chicago being a total shit pile. Been there a few times and always had a decent time. Always in the nicer part of town. Good food scene.

Good to hear. I might have to look into it. I've been wanting to try a truly authentic deep dish pizza for years. Bucket list lol...

roadsignmcclanahan

Riding this shit show straight to hell
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code

My wife, (GF at the time) lived there for about 3 years after she graduated. I would fly up about monthly to go see her and spend some time. She was an actress up there so she kinda knew the places to stick to and stay. Rode the L alot, and it was mostly fine. Some of the venues were in sketchy parts of town, but everyone was suprising nice. I'm a farm boy, and big cities have never appealed to me at all. For the most part I felt safe. Cops were pretty prevelant on the north side.

The last cabbie I had there was stupid nice. We got to talking and he said "I'm from Somalia, do you know anything about Somalia?" All I could think was pirates...So I didn't say that. Turns out he and his family all milked camels, and then offered me some camels milk. Food was always outstanding though I can't remember a bad meal. The wait times were always trash though.

We were at a bar when the blackhawks won the stanley cup, and I wasn't cheering enough. Couple guys tried to start shit, but I bought them a couple PBRs and they bro-downed.

I only got into one issue. I messed up and ended up riding the bus too far, and ended up in south side. Evidently not a very nice neighborhood in south side. The bus driver opened the door and I went to get off, and he said "Brother I don't think you want to get off here. Just get back on." "Naw dude I got it." Got off the bus. Driver shut the door, but sat still. I took maybe 3 steps when I got pushed up against the bus and a knife to my throat. "Gimme your fucking money, *****!" Luckily I had enough cash to make him leave. He took off running, I got back on the bus. It was maybe 730 in the evening.

Outside of a wedding I had to go to August 2019, haven't been back. And I'm absolutely fine with that.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code

I got sent up there in 2011, went back a couple more times. (first trip was to boot in Great Lakes decades ago...but that's another story)
We stayed in Addison, a suburb and huge manufacturing area. Drove up into Chicago, went to Chinatown. Kept going back. (if you get up there go to Joy Yee Noodle on Archer street)

Stay out of the South side and you'll be fine.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
All I could think was pirates...So I didn't say that.

LMFAO!!!!!

I only got into one issue. I messed up and ended up riding the bus too far, and ended up in south side. Evidently not a very nice neighborhood in south side. The bus driver opened the door and I went to get off, and he said "Brother I don't think you want to get off here. Just get back on." "Naw dude I got it." Got off the bus. Driver shut the door, but sat still. I took maybe 3 steps when I got pushed up against the bus and a knife to my throat. "Gimme your fucking money, *****!" Luckily I had enough cash to make him leave. He took off running, I got back on the bus. It was maybe 730 in the evening.

Holy crap. That's my fear, something like that happening. If and when we go, I think it's gonna be just me and my wife, I'll have to find someone to keep my 10 year old. I bet it took a minute for your heart rate to come back down!