• Total voters

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Appreciate it.

Going to a junkyard today and pick up an entire fuel system, then gonna replace it in the driveway.

I had to inspect a commercial garage that burned down once... guy was working on a gas leak with a regular incandescent bulb in his drop light. Burned the whole dang place down.

Be careful!

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
06 ford Escape.

A fuel leak of that magnitude should be throwing a code and the CEL should be on. I wouldn't say it's the fuel system right off the bat. Could be something small like a vacuum leak causing more air in the intake which is making it dump more fuel. Are you seeing gas on the ground or is it being dumped into the engine?

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
A fuel leak of that magnitude should be throwing a code and the CEL should be on. I wouldn't say it's the fuel system right off the bat. Could be something small like a vacuum leak causing more air in the intake which is making it dump more fuel. Are you seeing gas on the ground or is it being dumped into the engine?

Only code is for a speed sensor.

No lag when throttled up, so it shouldn't be dumping fuel, exhaust is normal as well. The tank is empty after 80 miles so it's not just the gauge malfunctioning.

Can't see any gas under the car when parked, or while running in neutral.

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
Also, check the oil level.
I had a 87 Bronco II had the fuel pressure regulator go (17 yo rubber diaphragm, I assume it was vacuum controlled). Oil level was WAY high. Even after the garage "fixed" it. :mad:
But it did clean the gunk from the oil system.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Can't see any gas under the car when parked, or while running in neutral.

Definitely sounds like that fuel is being dumped into the intake manifold. I'd hold off on replacing the entire fuel system. Might be best to go pay a mechanic to look at it before you go throwing a ton of money at it.

DeanMoriarty

oW n ER
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 19, 2020
Emerson GA
Also, check the oil level.
I had a 87 Bronco II had the fuel pressure regulator go (17 yo rubber diaphragm, I assume it was vacuum controlled). Oil level was WAY high. Even after the garage "fixed" it. :mad:
But it did clean the gunk from the oil system.
My first car was a 87 Bronco ll, tan, drove it with a blown head gasket for about 6 months, felt like I was gonna tip over every curve I took :laugh:

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
View attachment 107282
My sister text me this pic last night and said “Look what I won!” It’s her second Emmy. Which is really impressive. But man did she get mad when I said “what trophy shop bootlegged that for you?”
That’d make a really nice hood ornament!!