• Total voters

DeanMoriarty

oW n ER
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 19, 2020
Emerson GA
OK, let's all take a drink (or an Oxy in @Rabbit2047 's case) - and get ready for

The Range Report!!!!

SO...I had a few things to try out, and made it to the indoor ( o_o ) range on Monday.

The 16" ARX39 rifle worked perfectly with Wolf "Range Safe" ammo in it, but she was a bit gassy with the Can attached. POI shifted about 1.5" low with can vs without.
Also affixed my Burris 1-4x24 FFP scope, and it made a nice package. Accurate, easy to shoot - except I gotta put a reduced gas port in this thing before I use it much more - that gas from the can was excessive, as was fouling. Dirty, Dirty girl, that one...

Next up was the M10 - with a threaded on slant brake. Same ammo, and similar result - but I couldn't put the Can on it to test, because I don't have the right muzzle device (yet). Everything functioned as it should, and this was the first range test of the Yugo BHO Tanker mag. It worked perfectly also!
What didn't work well was the Scope I tried on it...I'm pretty sure I do not like that thing. Also no gas issues.

Given a little cool - down time, I was able to move the Can (Rugged Surge .30) over to the .300BO (10.3) pistol.

Tried the 125 gr Australian ADI Sierra MatchKing JHPs, (thanks @Jake ) and while it was difficult to tell if the Can was doing its job, I could see the ammo was. Got hits exactly where I wanted them at the back of the range, using a SIG Romeo 5 and my favorite BUIS's.
Switched to the Subsonic 200gr Winchester JHPs (thanks @T_Max ), and they were noticeably quieter. POI shifted about 1/2" down for each of these rounds With Can vs. Without.

Unfortunately, I didn't get enough time to try out the other two things I still need to test : Ithaca 37 and the SIG 5.56 10.5" Piston Upper.
If there's something you'd like to see me test, let me know. If you'd like to test with me, we can arrange that, too!!!

So stay tuned for the next range report, I'll be sure to include those!!!!

View attachment 101090
We need to sight in my polytech, I believe it was a little to the left today.
Building a house out in Talking Rock Ga, so I decided to start blasting at work today :whistling::cool:

DeanMoriarty

oW n ER
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 19, 2020
Emerson GA
I forgot to take pics, made a cool target out of a pallet, had a center and and six or seven little dots to hit. It was leaned up against an earth wall that had been cut out, about ten ft tall. Worm hit above the pallet in some limestone, and once he saw it blow out he started just blasting it lol, the were chunks of rock flying eeeeeverywhere. Fun times

Blue bio balls

Hurt me, but make me feel gay at the same time
Sep 5, 2018
Flowery Branch
Zip code