• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I admit, walked right into that one. I should've known better; let me ask this question a different way:

So what advantage(s) or disadvantage(s) exists when one uses a vented Vs unvented gas-tube on a WASR AK? And my apologies in advance for bringing such a basic and mundane question to the great AK minds of SET, I shall grovel at your feet for wasting your time with such a plebeian question. :behindsofa:

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Vented and non-vented is irrelevant, aside from the fact that non-vented tubes were designed to be used with vented gas-blocks it doesn’t matter and either will work with eachother and you won’t notice a difference nor will your AK either way.
922r is dumb AF and don’t worry about it
If you got a WASR any standard AKM variant tube will work fine
Appreciate the info, as for 922, was just curious if that was still "a thing" and if there had been any updates, really haven't followed along in the past 5 yrs.

The idea of the vents is to keep all that gas and fouling out of the chamber area and the shooter face.
Copy that, I was just wondering if it had any impact on function/bolt cycling

DeanMoriarty

oW n ER
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 19, 2020
Emerson GA
Yup, I finally got around to undoing the bubba-mall-ninja stuff that came from the previous owner and gave her some new wood a few weeks back but re-used a different gas tube at the time:

(Pis are minus cleaning tool rod, it's installed now, just forgot to put it back on before the pics)

View attachment 99200

View attachment 99201
Where's the toes?

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Appreciate the info, as for 922, was just curious if that was still "a thing" and if there had been any updates, really haven't followed along in the past 5 yrs.

Copy that, I was just wondering if it had any impact on function/bolt cycling
Nah no impact. Some people believe the vent holes let debris and dirt/sand in and gather in front of the piston head

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Yup, I finally got around to undoing the bubba-mall-ninja stuff that came from the previous owner and gave her some new wood a few weeks back but re-used a different gas tube at the time:

(Pis are minus cleaning tool rod, it's installed now, just forgot to put it back on before the pics)

View attachment 99200

View attachment 99201

I will give ya $750 for it.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Both block and tube in that pic are vented

View attachment 99206 The
Agreed, and I'm probably using the wrong nomenclature; I was speaking of the tube itself. Maybe I'm smoking crack, but I could have sworn that OE Tube didn't have the 3 vent holes - maybe I'm wrong. I have it in my head that the previous owner gave me a box of original spare parts (that I still can't find) and that tube didn't have vents, but who knows, maybe i'm misremembering. :noidea:

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
I admit, walked right into that one. I should've known better; let me ask this question a different way:

So what advantage(s) or disadvantage(s) exists when one uses a vented Vs unvented gas-tube on a WASR AK? And my apologies in advance for bringing such a basic and mundane question to the great AK minds of SET, I shall grovel at your feet for wasting your time with such a plebeian question. :behindsofa:
please don’t apologize for a question that I have no idea how to answer

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Agreed, and I'm probably using the wrong nomenclature; I was speaking of the tube itself. Maybe I'm smoking crack, but I could have sworn that OE Tube didn't have the 3 vent holes - maybe I'm wrong. I have it in my head that the previous owner gave me a box of original spare parts (that I still can't find) and that tube didn't have vents, but who knows, maybe i'm misremembering. :noidea:
No you’re correct. If your gasblock is vented, you would run a non vented tube (to be “correct”) because venting is taking place in the gas block.

If your gas block did NOT have venting holes, it would use a vented gas tube to accommodate for venting

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I went down the vented gas block/tube rabbit hole a few years ago. It was actually a whole gas tube rabbit hole for awhile but I’ve forgot about as much as I learned like which models are all different or how to modify some models tubes to work on other variants etc