• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Whud up AK-crew, quick question for you knowledgeable folks: I'm looking for an AK gas tube to replace an original part that was removed by the previous owner when they installed a picatinny railed tube. I'm wondering if they're all universal or is one type better than another?

Thanks!

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Whud up AK-crew, quick question for you knowledgeable folks: I'm looking for an AK gas tube to replace an original part that was removed by the previous owner when they installed a picatinny railed tube. I'm wondering if they're all universal or is one type better than another?

Thanks!
I think the Yugos may be different but I think the rest are similar. Some tubes are vented and some aren't, so that's something to watch out for if it matters to you.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space

Thanks!
What kinda AK?

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I think the Yugos may be different but I think the rest are similar. Some tubes are vented and some aren't, so that's something to watch out for if it matters to you.
The OE tube on my WASR was unvented, currently using a vented for now until I track down another. Please school me on vented Vs. unvented!

Also, I need to get current again with 922r comliance ... any updates on what is required for that when swapping parts?

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
The OE tube on my WASR was unvented, currently using a vented for now until I track down another. Please school me on vented Vs. unvented!

Also, I need to get current again with 922r comliance ... any updates on what is required for that when swapping parts?

WASR huh? Find yourself the cheapest run of the mill gas tube

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
WASR huh? Find yourself the cheapest run of the mill gas tube
Yup, I finally got around to undoing the bubba-mall-ninja stuff that came from the previous owner and gave her some new wood a few weeks back but re-used a different gas tube at the time:

(Pis are minus cleaning tool rod, it's installed now, just forgot to put it back on before the pics)

WASR red 2.jpg

WASR red.jpg

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space

Vented and non-vented is irrelevant, aside from the fact that non-vented tubes were designed to be used with vented gas-blocks it doesn’t matter and either will work with eachother and you won’t notice a difference nor will your AK either way.
922r is dumb AF and don’t worry about it
If you got a WASR any standard AKM variant tube will work fine