Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
I think what’s always held me back is figuring out the whole barrel populating thing and how to properly headspace. Just the whole process of how a already barreled to the trunnion orients itself into a build
If you are using an OG barrel, Trunion, and bolt, it's super easy.

Pop out the barrel pin, press the barrel out of the trunion, rivet in the trunion, press the barrel back in, put the barrel pin back in.

New barrels require drilling and setting headspace which isn't that hard.

I have yet to Populate a Barrel but i am not afraid at all as YouTube and people here are your friend.
All of my builds so far have been with OG Barrels already populated and all i do is like @Rabbit2047 said just pop out the Barrel pin and Press out barrel then Rivet the Trunnion in to a Receiver then press barrel back in and press barrel pin back in and all good.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Sounds easy enough but isn’t it pretty hard to find a kit with the OG barrel? By hard I mean expensive
Yea i overpaid for mine but I wanted that barrel and trunnion so I paid the price.
I could have waited and got one cheaper but I really like the one i got.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
I have yet to Populate a Barrel but i am not afraid at all as YouTube and people here are your friend.
All of my builds so far have been with OG Barrels already populated and all i do is like @Rabbit2047 said just pop out the Barrel pin and Press out barrel then Rivet the Trunnion in to a Receiver then press barrel back in and press barrel pin back in and all good.

Your current build is gonna be a little different cause the mix and match bolt/trunion/barrel, but it should go together easily enough.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Your current build is gonna be a little different cause the mix and match bolt/trunion/barrel, but it should go together easily enough.

Oh yea I got a Trunnion with the Barrel so it matches the barrel it came with.
All i had to do was check Headspace with new bolt and it was good to go.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Also @AC130 I know this is gonna make some people cringe, but you could do a screw build and the only tool you need is a tap&die set.

There is nothing wrong with a screw build if good machine screws are used and loctited in.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Also @AC130 I know this is gonna make some people cringe, but you could do a screw build and the only tool you need is a tap&die set.

There is nothing wrong with a screw build if good machine screws are used and loctited in.
I have one now with over 3k rounds thru it and still going strong.
Was my first build a Romey G Kit i got for 79.00 and i still have one left LMAO.

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
Sounds like I need to go get a good press

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code

Call me old fashioned but if I would go the route of building a AK I would do it the way they do it in the factory. But interesting to know there is another way. I appreciate you and @Balthaz words of wisdom as always.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code