• Total voters

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
These are good to go I’ve built two guns with them and they are sweet
That would be fun to build a AK but the cost of the tooling required seems to be a lot. At least that’s What I remember last time I priced the tooling out. Guess if I built multiples it would make more sense. But damn kits have gone up in price

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
That would be fun to build a AK but the cost of the tooling required seems to be a lot. At least that’s What I remember last time I priced the tooling out. Guess if I built multiples it would make more sense. But damn kits have gone up in price
That is why i am just taking the plunge and buying tools again for the second time.
I really knew i should not have sold my tools.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA

Less than $150 in tooling. All you need is a shop press and a rivet forming tool to build on a 100% receiver.

Rabbit2047

Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
I suck with rivet forming tools and will just buy the Tothtools tools as they do Great at forming rivets.

I did this last set with a hammer.

If guys in Afghanistan can make AKs in a cave, there's no reason someone in the U.S.with access to a Harbor Freight, can't too!

Rabbit2047

Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
I think what’s always held me back is figuring out the whole barrel populating thing and how to properly headspace. Just the whole process of how a already barreled to the trunnion orients itself into a build

If you are using an OG barrel, Trunion, and bolt, it's super easy.

Pop out the barrel pin, press the barrel out of the trunion, rivet in the trunion, press the barrel back in, put the barrel pin back in.

New barrels require drilling and setting headspace which isn't that hard.

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
If you are using an OG barrel, Trunion, and bolt, it's super easy.

Pop out the barrel pin, press the barrel out of the trunion, rivet in the trunion, press the barrel back in, put the barrel pin back in.

New barrels require drilling and setting headspace which isn't that hard.
Sounds easy enough but isn’t it pretty hard to find a kit with the OG barrel? By hard I mean expensive