• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
In case you just fell of the turnip truck, have you ever tried selling a name brand box for even half the retail price? Look at @Fast306stang example. He's finding it quite difficult to get off his snapon box.

I will agree that most of the truck hand tools are far superior in quality but what you're really paying big bucks for is their service. With the younger generation now buying trucks the service is lacking in my area. Well all except for the MAC guy.
Well of course they also lose value like most things, but 10-20years later the quality toolboxes are still usable and you can still get 1/4 to 1/3 of original price. Yes you lose more money overall with a quality box, but it won‘t frustrate you by falling apart when it’s opened and shut 100x a day.
If you’re a tech/mechanic then quality tools are your most important investment. Having to waste time replacing junk delays the job and reduces potential profit

Reactions: Jstegman1 and 3x

KERTWOOD

Tracker
Oct 14, 2019
Hannah's Mill
Well of course they also lose value like most things, but 10-20years later the quality toolboxes are still usable and you can still get 1/4 to 1/3 of original price. Yes you lose more money overall with a quality box, but it won‘t frustrate you by falling apart when it’s opened and shut 100x a day.
If you’re a tech/mechanic then quality tools are your most important investment. Having to waste time replacing junk delays the job and reduces potential profit
As a tech I understand what's important and waiting on a truck that never arrives to replace my QuAlItY tool is just as bad a a junk one.

Like stated before. Hand tool and diag equipment is a must to buy off a truck even if they never show to service or warranty you. But I'll be damned if Ever buy a name brand box again. I have a couple that sit at home and work out of a cheap box at work.

You do you and Ill continue to diag and repair every vehicle that hits our business 10 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Last edited:

slapshut

MAG WHORE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 27, 2019
Macon ,GA.
Anyone ever really sharpen a Romanian bayo? Thinking I might try to put and edge on a couple and use as utility knives for truck/van. I just can't imagine the steel would be very good quality, maybe I'm wrong?
I have cleaned up a couple of chipped bayonets. The metal is really hard and brittle. These never had any type of edge to begin with. I also noticed on these that the edge is only on one side and starting way up. I think this was for strength and to lighten the bayonet somewhat.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code
Anyone ever really sharpen a Romanian bayo? Thinking I might try to put and edge on a couple and use as utility knives for truck/van. I just can't imagine the steel would be very good quality, maybe I'm wrong?
I prefer dull, rusty and jagged if I'm gonna be stickin the enemy.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I have cleaned up a couple of chipped bayonets. The metal is really hard and brittle. These never had any type of edge to begin with. I also noticed on these that the edge is only on one side and starting way up. I think this was for strength and to lighten the bayonet somewhat.

Yeah, I've seen a few that some rube put on a grinder (this is not the way) - and ruined them. I'll give them a good look when they get here, see what I can do.

slapshut

MAG WHORE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 27, 2019
Macon ,GA.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
I use Bulgarian Gen 4 bayos as farm knife and a truck knife. They work great. I sharpened them and they hold edge good.

2Glocks

Off base and off line
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Your Mother’s House
Zip code

I use one around here, mostly to open feed bags, they work well if you sharpen them up