• Total voters

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
So..our monetary system has been totally fucked since Nixon. It coasted for a while since the country was still populated by rational people. For the last 20 years, the only thing holding it together was peoples faith and belief in the system, because any significant doubt or realization of its fragility would collapse it. The primary problem now is since the social contract is being stressed and broken peoples faith in the monetary system is also being broken. If that happens then yes, no amount of bandaid or patchwork of monetary dams will stop the implosion.

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
So..out monetary system has been totally fucked since Nixon. It coasted for a while since the country was still populated by rational people. For the last 20 years, the only thing holding it together was peoples faith and brief in the system, because any significant doubt or realization of its fragility would collapse it. The primary problem now is since the social contract is being stressed and broken peoples faith in the monetary system is also being broken. If that happens then yes, no amount of bandaid or patchwork of monetary dams will stop the implosion.
Shemp for President

Abishai

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Mar 30, 2015
GA
Zip code
Oh, and FUCK TEXAS WEAPONS SYSTEMS. That fucking bitty dot mount bent the channel that the rear sight leaf spring sits in. I had to hammer the leaf spring back in there and about ruined my rear sight block trying to get it back in. Now I need to order a new rear sight leaf spring and hope it works. I got the old one to work for now but it's not as solid as it was before because I kept having to bend the leaf spring back after I hammered it into the channel. I will NEVER give TWS another dime of my money. View attachment 92786

If anybody wants a TWS bitty dot mount for an RMR, or other optics that run an RMR footprint let me know. It's a piece of shit though and you're not gonna be able to use the integrated rear sight with an optic mounted to it.
Any pics of it ? I had been looking into these but after your experience may have taken that off the table now, thanks

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
So..our monetary system has been totally fucked since Nixon. It coasted for a while since the country was still populated by rational people. For the last 20 years, the only thing holding it together was peoples faith and belief in the system, because any significant doubt or realization of its fragility would collapse it. The primary problem now is since the social contract is being stressed and broken peoples faith in the monetary system is also being broken. If that happens then yes, no amount of bandaid or patchwork of monetary dams will stop the implosion.

I'd say Federal Reserve, then FDR, then Tricky Dick for the final nail.

Good morning from the western frontier.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
People have forgotten that in Dec. 1980 after Nixon's price controls & Carter's presidency the prime rate in the US hit it's all time high of 21.5% (compared to 3.25% now), 30 yr mortgage rates were at 12.5% for the very best customers, & unemployment was at 7.5%. Inflation had averaged 3.2% annually from 1945 to 1973. After the 1973 oil shock it more than doubled to a 7.7% annual rate. In 1980 inflation was 13.5%.

Carter had campaigned against Ford in 1976 by citing what he called the misery index (unemployment + inflation) which was 12.7% when Carter won & took office. Unfortunately for Carter, his policies made it worse. It was at almost 22% wen he faced Reagan in November 1980. By the time Reagan was seeking reelection in 1984, the misery index was around 11% thanks to his policies. I have never forgotten those real world lessons in economic policy that played out for me as a young man.

We just refinanced the house at 30 years fixed at 2.5%. God forbid if Biden wins what the unemployment and inflation rage will jump to...