Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
everytime you make these announcements or run downs on the countdown till election you make me want to go panic buy 5k in gun shit. Scarying me lol
No. Experience. I have ammo I paid $50 a case for. Vepr that was less than $300. And I overpayed compare to what folks were paying in the 80's. But those times are gone
Big price jumps were always results of Democrat elections. Plan accordingly. The 10k rounds of ammo and 11 mags per gun KK rule were tongue in cheek, but if you were in the position to do so, you are glad now that you did.

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
No. Experience. I have ammo I paid $50 a case for. Veprs that were less than $300. And I overpayed compare to what folks were laying in the 80's. But those times are gone
Big price jumps were always results of Democrat elections. Plan accordingly. The 10k rounds of ammo and 11 mags per gun KK rule were tongue in cheek, but if you were in the position to do so, you are glad now that you did.
i scored on ammo for most of my guns on a guy that was liquidating a storage unit full of a dead’s guys entire ammo life savings. So I should be good on ammo. Or ok at least.

But on the gun thing I hear ya but in the same respects you have to think about what is the cap? Like for a MAADI what will be the most someone would ever pay for one? It can’t just keep going up and up. I mean we’ve seen Polytechs kinda flatten out at anywhere from 1500- 3k depending on type. Do we think those will go up more due to future politics?

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
i scored on ammo for most of my guns on a guy that was liquidating a storage unit full of a dead’s guys entire ammo life savings. So I should be good on ammo. Or ok at least.

But on the gun thing I hear ya but in the same respects you have to think about what is the cap? Like for a MAADI what will be the most someone would ever pay for one? It can’t just keep going up and up. I mean we’ve seen Polytechs kinda flatten out at anywhere from 1500- 3k depending on type. Do we think those will go up more due to future politics?
If something drastic does not happen to our monetary system, we will see double digit inflation in the next 3 to 5 years. Maybe sooner. So yes, based on that alone prices will keep going up.

Look at how much different spot price is on PMs vs physical metals. Rounds now carry the same, or higher, premiums that sovereigns did a year ago. Spread on sovereign coins almost doubled. We are on the verge of hyperinflation.
Edit: Add in AWB2 and prices will fly. Glock mags were going for $150 at the hight of AWB. Pre-ban ARs were double of OG price.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
If something drastic does not happen to our monetary system, we will see double digit inflation in the next 3 to 5 years. Maybe sooner. So yes, based on that alone prices will keep going up.
Look at how much different spot price is on PMs vs physical metals. Rounds now carry the same, or higher, premiums that sovereigns did a year ago. Spread on sovereign coins almost doubled. We are on the verge of hyperinflation.
Particularly if the Treasury prints another round of stimulus checks.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
I was gonna say the exact same thing, but did not want to be accused of panicking.
I don't think it's a panic at all. Hell, we're so poor, we'll most likely qualify for another round of checks, but i've lived to long not to know how bad this can get. Remember, I was just going out on my own for the early 70s inflation disasters.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Current US economic climate is very similar to USSR in 1988. A loaf of bread went from 20 cents to 10 dollars in 2 years. Government froze bank accounts, and cash could not be withdrawn.
Food rationing, coupon books. 1 pound of sugar per person per month. 1/2 pound of butter.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
@Axeman is a great guy. Though now that he's getting divorced, I may have to keep him away from my house. Don't want Suz leaving me for an even younger man!
Aww, y’all are making me blush.

Really, it was fun helping!

And @Grunk you know that ain’t gonna happen ‘cause you two were made for each other!!!

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Current US economic climate is very smilar to USSR in 1988. A loaf of bread went from 20 cents to 10 dollars in 2 years. Government froze bank accounts, and cash could not be withdrawn.
Food rationing, coupon books. 1 pound of sugar per person per month. 1/2 pound of butter.
People have forgotten that in Dec. 1980 after Nixon's price controls & Carter's presidency the prime rate in the US hit it's all time high of 21.5% (compared to 3.25% now), 30 yr mortgage rates were at 12.5% for the very best customers, & unemployment was at 7.5%. Inflation had averaged 3.2% annually from 1945 to 1973. After the 1973 oil shock it more than doubled to a 7.7% annual rate. In 1980 inflation was 13.5%.

Carter had campaigned against Ford in 1976 by citing what he called the misery index (unemployment + inflation) which was 12.7% when Carter won & took office. Unfortunately for Carter, his policies made it worse. It was at almost 22% wen he faced Reagan in November 1980. By the time Reagan was seeking reelection in 1984, the misery index was around 11% thanks to his policies. I have never forgotten those real world lessons in economic policy that played out for me as a young man.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Aww, y’all are making me blush.

Really, it was fun helping!

And @Grunk you know that ain’t gonna happen ‘cause you two were made for each other!!!
I must admit I have truly been blessed because the one thing that has never been in doubt since she & I got together over 30 years ago is our relationship & love for each other.

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code

Edit: Add in AWB2 and prices will fly. Glock mags were going for $150 at the hight of AWB. Pre-ban ARs were double of OG price.
Well, I agree that if there is another AWB prices will def sky rocket

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code