• Total voters

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I mean in reality hard to imagine what I would do but i can not stand by and let anyone get beat to death.
Big Dilemma on what to do.
I guess look for a backstop and fire one round is the best option i herd, because a fired round in to the air is reckless.
Only backstop i can think of that is everywhere in a city is a drain on side of the street.
Situations move fast and sometimes you do not have time to think and just react, and hopefully Training kicks in and you do not hurt a bystander.
The general Population who have firearms do not train or have not been trained properly and will not think of these scenarios you are thinking of and foresight is not something we are blessed with in an emergency situation and it is just our best guess, so train for scenarios and hope for the best.
BTW i will now train myself for this very Scenario.

IF I found myself in such a situation, and IF I decided to act - I'm not sure I'd want to waste ammo by sending it down the drain.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I understand completely and I keep a cool head in Hard Situations.
But even just thinking about what you have and what is going on helps to think of backstops or what you might need to do.
I actually thought of drains because of pictures of the city during heavy rains and watching the streets flood.
My wife used to say that was useless information but now she gets that it is part of situational awareness.

My wife has become tons better at situational awareness. Very proud of her. Sometimes she points things out to me also.

Being out in a group though, I feel sometimes we're the watchdogs for everybody we're with bc they're pretty oblivious. We usually wind up having long talks about it before bed at night lol

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
I mean in reality hard to imagine what I would do but i can not stand by and let anyone get beat to death.
Big Dilemma on what to do.
I guess look for a backstop and fire one round is the best option i herd, because a fired round in to the air is reckless.
Only backstop i can think of that is everywhere in a city is a drain on side of the street.
Situations move fast and sometimes you do not have time to think and just react, and hopefully Training kicks in and you do not hurt a bystander.
The general Population who have firearms do not train or have not been trained properly and will not think of these scenarios you are thinking of and foresight is not something we are blessed with in an emergency situation and it is just our best guess, so train for scenarios and hope for the best.
BTW i will now train myself for this very Scenario.

IF I found myself in such a situation, and IF I decided to act - I'm not sure I'd want to waste ammo by sending it down the drain.

That is a fictional situation and in that situation I do not believe I would not waste ammo either.
But was giving options to others.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
If I'm carrying my j-frame, I've only got 5 shots before a painfully slow reload. It does make you think...
With so few shots, I’m not sure I’d waste one on a warning. Get a P365. Same weight as a J-frame stainless, with at least double the ammo. Reload for me is slow because mag release is difficult to hit, but I carry the +2 mag, and the +1000% AR pistol instead of a mag pouch.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Point taken.

And if you're alone?
Dont know. Depends on the situation.
Either you commit and decide which person in that crowd dies, then get charged and probably convicted with murder

Or get out of dodge.

I dont know. I've pulled a stranger out of a burning car before, but that's a bit different than 30 people attacking

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Only reason for the warning shot is to not have to hose down a mob.
I like to sleep at night.
And you've demonstrated you're unwilling to shoot them... Either commit or dont. If you're going to commit, dont waste one of 13 rounds against 30+ people on some concrete.

Or do you not think their buddies behind you wont rush you? Maybe they wont...maybe they will

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
If you see someone getting their skull crushed in, you don't have a legal obligation to render aid. If you decide to render aid, the use of deadly force is authorized in defense of the life of another. If shots are fired and a stray bullet hits a bystander, the bystander may not have legal recourse. That doesn't mean you won't get arrested or face charges. What all this means is that it'll be easier to establish an affirmative defense (yes, you shot someone, but it was for a valid reason). That's my understanding of how that hypothetical scenario would work.
Would you go as far to say some of these laws have too many “gotcha clauses” or complications. Or am I just a simple minded mongrel? Scratch that last part. Already know the answer