Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
You're assuming you're working in a moral, level playing field. I've been at enough maintenance shops on bases to know there there is only very rarely a level playing field in which excellence is rewarded, and usually only in active duty because of the turn over. I get what you're saying, but when the game is rigged all that you'll get is frustration because merit doesnt matter in that system. I've seen it so much in different units. Reserve/guard is absolute worst.

I guess there is the possibility you just arent as good as you think you are. Probably not true tho

If I'm not as good as I think I am, there's a lot of home stations and military personnel who are fucked

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
You're assuming you're working in a moral, level playing field. I've been at enough maintenance shops on bases to know there there is only very rarely a level playing field in which excellence is rewarded, and usually only in active duty because of the turn over. I get what you're saying, but when the game is rigged all that you'll get is frustration because merit doesnt matter in that system. I've seen it so much in different units. Reserve/guard is absolute worst.

I guess there is the possibility you just arent as good as you think you are. Probably not true tho

I still don't understand the against "pulling strings" thing, especially when you realize things aren't level @Fast306stang

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I still don't understand the against "pulling strings" thing, especially when you realize things aren't level @Fast306stang

I've never in my life climbed the ladder that way. I'm stubborn like that. Integrity means something to me. It's not like I'm in danger of missing a house payment or something along those lines. Dire straights may make me compromise my integrity but I ain't there yet...

Surely you know this about me by now lol!

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
I've never in my life climbed the ladder that way. I'm stubborn like that. Integrity means something to me. It's not like I'm in danger of missing a house payment or something along those lines. Dire straights may make me compromise my integrity but I ain't there yet...

Except you're not compromising your integrity. We tried explaining this to you before. You're getting in your own way.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

That's cool and all, but dont get upset when the promotion doesnt come. It never will in that kind of system....I dont care if you stay there but understand and accept that so you dont give yourself an ulcer.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
That's cool and all, but dont get upset when the promotion doesnt come. It never will in that kind of system....I dont care if you stay there but understand and accept that so you dont give yourself an ulcer.

Having a friend that can influence your career isn't nepotism, it's building relationships. Stang doesn't give himself enough credit. If my director came to me and essentially hand picked me for a promotion that isn't nepotism and how the business world works.