• Total voters

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Hmmm. I got passed up for a promotion awhile ago, I got a new supervisor back in January, he didn't ace my appraisal (I've aced my appraisal for about the last 7 or 8 years.) I didn't bitch about it, I just decided to take it on the chin and move forward. But now I find out that other ppl (who shouldn't have gotten maxed out on their appraisal) got double the monetary reward that I got. OK. No Problem. I see sinking ambition levels in the future for ol Stang. Reeeeeeeeeally getting burned out on this shit.
Didnt you give up that promotion out of a self inflicted defeat of the perception of nepotism?

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Hmmm. I got passed up for a promotion awhile ago, I got a new supervisor back in January, he didn't ace my appraisal (I've aced my appraisal for about the last 7 or 8 years.) I didn't bitch about it, I just decided to take it on the chin and move forward. But now I find out that other ppl (who shouldn't have gotten maxed out on their appraisal) got double the monetary reward that I got. OK. No Problem. I see sinking ambition levels in the future for ol Stang. Reeeeeeeeeally getting burned out on this shit.
Time to go shopping for a new job?

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
Damn brother they been jerking you around for a while . it just sux

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Didnt you give up that promotion out of a self inflicted defeat of the perception of nepotism?

I didn't give anything up. But I'm not going to go after it bc the Director told me he'll pull strings for me. If I decided to chase it again, I'm going to get it of my own accord.

Last edited:

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Time to go shopping for a new job?

I'm not at that point--yet. Although I could chase a new job here...that would involve me going back to school and finishing my degree. I have been out for over 10 years though, so I don't think any of my classes would transfer anymore. However, the commercials for online classes sure make it sound easy. Been thinking about that a little bit, maybe I need to do some digging.

On the other hand, I do have it made here, even without the perfect appraisal and the promotions. I'm trying to figure out a game plan to shorten my 15-17 years left before retirement. If I can cut it down to 13 years, I think that's my best bet for my sanity.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
I'm not at that point--yet. Although I could chase a new job here...that would involve me going back to school and finishing my degree. I have been out for over 10 years though, so I don't think any of my classes would transfer anymore. However, the commercials for online classes sure make it sound easy. Been thinking about that a little bit, maybe I need to do some digging.

On the other hand, I do have it made here, even without the perfect appraisal and the promotions. I'm trying to figure out a game plan to shorten my 15-17 years left before retirement. If I can cut it down to 13 years, I think that's my best bet for my sanity.
Online school is rather easy. That’s what chelsea did. Just make sure it is accredited.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I didn't give anything up. But I'm not going to go after it bc the Director told me he'll pull strings for me. If I decided to chase it again, I'm going to get it of my own accord.
You're assuming you're working in a moral, level playing field. I've been at enough maintenance shops on bases to know there there is only very rarely a level playing field in which excellence is rewarded, and usually only in active duty because of the turn over. I get what you're saying, but when the game is rigged all that you'll get is frustration because merit doesnt matter in that system. I've seen it so much in different units. Reserve/guard is absolute worst.

I guess there is the possibility you just arent as good as you think you are. Probably not true tho