Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
OK, I looked at the pretty color pictures. The snake I killed had a vivid pattern to him. Could have been either a Cottonmouth OR a Copperhead. I can't remember exactly WHICH pattern it was. But he sure wasn't shy.

But I can't tell the difference between the brown ones that might be black but have been in the sun, so they're darker than normal or lighter than they should be, or their pattern isn't as pronounced for whatever genetic reason...They all look like copperheads or cottonmouths. I've even seen some that looked black at first, but when I looked real close, dammit there's a pattern!!!
Now what do I do? Kill it.

Understand, I don't seek them out. This is only if they happen to be where I'm at, and don't leave fast.

That's different than the impression I initially got, so my apologies.

Most venomous snakes, you'll know when you see him. You'll know he's a badass. Not saying that's the case everytime but most of the time. Take this guy for instance. He's in a tank...but you KNOW you don't want to let him out...

20171111_111104.jpg

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
That's different than the impression I initially got, so my apologies.

Most venomous snakes, you'll know when you see him. You'll know he's a badass. Not saying that's the case everytime but most of the time. Take this guy for instance. He's in a tank...but you KNOW you don't want to let him out...

View attachment 81077
Yeah, I know the diamondback pattern (I used to sell cowboy boots in a western store), and I've seen Timber rattler skins/boots. I'd been told they were mean as FUCK and would drop out of trees and follow you for miles...but the website you sent me to contradicts that...
Never really was much of a fan of having snake or eel skin boots, though.

And who's the mean looking fellow to the left?

Augustatrader

Marksman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Augusta
There's only like 7 different venomous snakes in GA. The Coral snake you'll never see and you're highly unlikely to be bitten, copperhead is easily identifiable, rattlesnake there's like 2 or 3 types here, easily identifiable, water moccasin gives me trouble so if I'm near water I just avoid if I see one and I'm not sure. Pretty much covers it.

Definitely avoid this girl.

View attachment 81073
20200429_120559.jpg 20200429_120616.jpg
I safely removed this little 3 foot rat snake from my neighbors yard today. I only kill them if they are poisonus.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Not all but most yes.

The only exception in Georgia would be a Coral snake

Well, thanks you for clearing that up...because I'll never leave GEORGIA...Even if I go back to Italy or Germany or Austria or France or...wherever. I'll still be in Georgia as far as snakes are concerned.
Perfect.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Yeah, I know the diamondback pattern (I used to sell cowboy boots in a western store), and I've seen Timber rattler skins/boots. I'd been told they were mean as FUCK and would drop out of trees and follow you for miles...but the website you sent me to contradicts that...
Never really was much of a fan of having snake or eel skin boots, though.

And who's the mean looking fellow to the left?

The one to the left I believe is a pygmy rattler. Rattlesnake for sure. Just not sure what type.

The head shape and body type (long, slender, non triangle head) of that rat snake @Augustatrader posted is going to be non venomous in GA, the exception being the coral snake. But the coral snake pretty much can't bite you and you're just about never going to see one anyway.

20171111_111125.jpg