Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
@Jeddak @mark23

I'm having a problem with my Galil handguard. The guy I bought it from sent me a 308 HG because he thought they were the same, but the bolt hole didnt line up. It was short as pictured below. 20191018_122601.jpg

I got the lowers and handguards from Krebs today. Neither one of the handguards they sent work either. One has two tabs on the inner heat shield, the other doesnt. However, they are both short. Now I'm getting worried about having ordered the 5" RS rail. It says that is stock length on their website. However, I measured the handguard from the face that meets the receiver the the bolt hole, as pictured below.
20191018_122900.jpg

And the distance from the receiver to the bolt hole
20191018_122921.jpg

Can one or both of you do me a favor and measure yours? I find it hard to believe I got 3 of the wrong size handguards, but its possible

Reactions: 3x and KhyberPass

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Just put a FM hi power on layaway price I couldn’t pass up
I have a few HP pistols, and my most accurate is an FM 95 “Detective”. It’s a shorter barrel. It came with a .22 conversion upper and a couple mags for it, plus the 2 normal 9mm mags. Great gun. Mine fits in a 1911 Commander holster well enough. You’ll like yours.

Reactions: 3x and KhyberPass

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
@Jeddak @mark23

I'm having a problem with my Galil handguard. The guy I bought it from sent me a 308 HG because he thought they were the same, but the bolt hole didnt line up. It was short as pictured below. View attachment 55653

I got the lowers and handguards from Krebs today. Neither one of the handguards they sent work either. One has two tabs on the inner heat shield, the other doesnt. However, they are both short. Now I'm getting worried about having ordered the 5" RS rail. It says that is stock length on their website. However, I measured the handguard from the face that meets the receiver the the bolt hole, as pictured below.
View attachment 55654

And the distance from the receiver to the bolt hole
View attachment 55655

Can one or both of you do me a favor and measure yours? I find it hard to believe I got 3 of the wrong size handguards, but its possible
Will measure tonight. You might have pistol length handguards. There are 2 generations of ACEs. First has lightened top rails, 2nd has a solid rail. That might explain presence and lack of tabs.
I will check both gens and both pistols and rifles.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Just picked this up from a trade!
View attachment 55447
LMAO, I used to CARRY one of these back when I was young, stupid and poor. Be careful with that thing, mine went off as I cocked the hammer with the safety on. That was the last time I carried the bastard.

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
100 rds down range with the VZ2008. Was visited by the trigger gremlin twice but very quickly and easily resolved by tapping that pin a little.

@GoEagles I will pm you pics. Not sure on price of shipping or how to, but I'm sure one of these guys (@FatAlbert ) can definitely give us a ballpark estimate.

@triplestack3 if he passes it's yours if you aren't afraid of a gremlin