• Total voters

Old Skool

Tracker
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Georgia
Sooooooo

Friend discount + group buy rate?

Business is business always, we all know that.

We were knucklehead friends that worked together 15 years ago. He started with a one 200sq ft room shop in the shitty part of town. He now has 3 really nice locations, and is one of Florida's largest arms dealer.

However, I've used him several times and referred people there many times. He's always more than fair.

I usually use him if I need something specific, he'll find it or keep an eye out. Also as a resource when I need the real story, rather than the internet version.

Those 226s that were going for $575 a few weeks back. I asked him if Sig was making changes to the model, price was adjusting, what was happening with it.

He told me that Sig did a Dealer Special, Buy 9, Get 1 Free. He bought big, and applied the discount to his entire Sig line for the month.

The websites that were selling their 226s for $5xx, were simply selling their "freebie" for a low price, and the other 9 at normal price.

He's a great dude. Long time personal friend.

I always help any of you guys when I can. Reach out any time and I can refer you if ever needed.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Our (mine and yours my friend) scripture for today:

"I will stand my watch And set myself on the rampart, And watch to see what He will say to me, And what I will answer when I am corrected."
Hababbuk 2:1

This was mine today :

“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:26-27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
This was mine today :

“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?”

There is a Dua (prayer) in the Qur'an that says almost the exact same thing....

quran-verses-for-anxiety-quote-1.png

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
This was mine today :

That's a good one, and one I thought of when discussing prepping yesterday. I get being responsible and having some provisions, but at what point are you not trusting God by hoarding away?

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
That's a good one, and one I thought of when discussing prepping yesterday. I get being responsible and having some provisions, but at what point are you not trusting God by hoarding away?

You can say that to justify not doing "anything," why arm yourself, etc...

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I inquired about my DDC receiver set from Geissele this morning since we are now into March. Their reply:

Good Afternoon Mr. Smith,

I apologize for the delay but I want to assure you that the shipping department is working hard trying to get these orders shipped by the end of the week. We still have a number of receiver sets to ship and due to the concerns voiced by some over the finish of our receivers, we have adjusted our QA checks and process. These are still forged mil spec receivers, but we are working to tighten up on some marks / areas that we had feedback on. We are listening to the customer and understand that even though they are purchasing a receiver for a fighting rifle from our perspective, they expect a next level fit and finish Geissele is known for, so the additional process is delaying the remaining receivers a bit further and some may go beyond this weekend.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and thank you for your patience.

So I guess I'm still gonna be waiting. Which is fine I suppose, I'm not in a hurry for it but...

gasouthsiderevolver

Woodsman
Kalash Klub
Feb 9, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Zip code
I inquired about my DDC receiver set from Geissele this morning since we are now into March. Their reply:

Good Afternoon Mr. Smith,

I apologize for the delay but I want to assure you that the shipping department is working hard trying to get these orders shipped by the end of the week. We still have a number of receiver sets to ship and due to the concerns voiced by some over the finish of our receivers, we have adjusted our QA checks and process. These are still forged mil spec receivers, but we are working to tighten up on some marks / areas that we had feedback on. We are listening to the customer and understand that even though they are purchasing a receiver for a fighting rifle from our perspective, they expect a next level fit and finish Geissele is known for, so the additional process is delaying the remaining receivers a bit further and some may go beyond this weekend.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and thank you for your patience.

So I guess I'm still gonna be waiting. Which is fine I suppose, I'm not in a hurry for it but...

Hmmmm that’s kinda BS if you ask me bud

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Hmmmm that’s kinda BS if you ask me bud

It is what it is. I'm not in a hurry for it, but 4 months seems a bit excessive to get the kinks worked out and get them shipped. Anodizing isn't new technology, and they've been doing DDC for how long now? A decade or thereabouts?

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
It is what it is. I'm not in a hurry for it, but 4 months seems a bit excessive to get the kinks worked out and get them shipped. Anodizing isn't new technology, and they've been doing DDC for how long now? A decade or thereabouts?

Honestly I'd be glad you haven't gotten them yet. For whatever reason their stripped receivers had a mark on the front of the magwell I've never seen before. Not a big deal, but ARF people freaked about it. Yours should be sorted whenever you get it.

Old Skool

Tracker
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Georgia
Honestly I'd be glad you haven't gotten them yet. For whatever reason their stripped receivers had a mark on the front of the magwell I've never seen before. Not a big deal, but ARF people freaked about it. Yours should be sorted whenever you get it.

Between that and the wobble, yes, you're right.

People are flipping out, but I also think it's 50% deserved.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

How bad was the mark? I haven't bounced on the Geissele thread for quite a few weeks now. Personally I can wait longer, it just seems ridiculous that it's gotten to this point by an established manufacturer....

I still need to order a barrel/rail and trigger. I'm just not sure on a barrel length yet since I have the 10.5" already. And I ordered all this stuff around my suppressor which still hasn't been approved either, so there's that...